Log 15: Is this heaven?

Moss woke up on her stomach.

She noted that she was 1. On a comfy ass bed in a dimly lit room, 2. that her back hurt like hell, and 3. she was really thirsty. When she tried sitting up, she screamed in pain. She flapped her wings, but didn't feel any gust. Reluctantly, she opened her eyes, feeling more tied than before.

But she was wide awake and repeating the action of sitting up and screaming when she didn't see her wings.

"HOLY FUCK! WHERE ARE MY WINGS?" She shouted, as a few people entered the room to calm her. She noted that George was there, eyebags heavy and looking like he just cried, Avani was there too, with eyebags but not crying, and Willow, who sat on Moss's legs and looked at her funny.

"I-I'm sorry, but somebody c-cut them. A-As we were escaping, you pushed Rose out of the way from an attack a-and somebody got to 'em." Avani muttered, walking forward as George gripped the door frame.

Then, Moss remembered Rose.

"Is she okay?" She said, shooting up, trying not to scream again as Willow let out an "oomph" as they collided with the floor.

She hobbled through the hallway; they were still on the Rifle's ship; looking for Rose through the windows on the doors. She saw a figure in one, and immediately rushed inside. She felt some liquid on her back, warm and sticky, but she didn't care. She rushed up to the bed.

Rose was perched up, tear tracks on her face. But she looked so pale and so tired, a bandage covered her neck and eye, as well as some other parts where she was injured.

Rose croaked out a small sound, trying to speak. George and Avani rushed in, only to freeze in place.

"She's awake! She's alive! Both of them!" Avani shouted, running out of the room. Willow came in looking at everybody weird. George ran up to Rose and littered her face that wasn't covered in bandages with kisses. He kept mumbling things to her, tears seeping out from both of their eyes. Moss joined in the group hug, and more footsteps and warmer surroundings implicated that the criminals came down to see Rose, too.

The Rifles stood in the back, tearing up a little at the sight.

And for the rest of the night, they were happy.