Chp:14 New Journey

They stopped at a gas station and filled up. Violet bought a few snacks and drinks and went to use the restroom before they got back on the road. Terri waited in the car for her. On her way back to the car a woman stopped her asking for some spare change.

Her hair was madded and dirty, she smelled as if she hadn't showered in months. Terri honked the car horn and motioned for her to come on. Violet turned back to the woman and smiled headed back towards the car.

"This will not end in your favor my dear. Your journey will come to an end, but not the one you think. Pray every second, for many demons are at your feet. Dont let the devil devour your soul. Search deeper and you will find what you need to know."

Violet power walked to the car and Terri quickly pulled off. "What are you doing talking to her," asked Terri looking in confusion? Violet turned back to find the woman was gone!

"I'm sorry," she said staring straight at the road ahead. "This is no game, we are on the run. We killed two people and we have to get there before the cops find out!"

Violet silently sat there listening to Terri go off on her, while she left reality for a moment. She remebered only being nine or ten and seeing her mother laying on the floor with a gun and blood surrounding her. She remembered the police rushing in taking her, putting her into foster care. She had been through abuse from each foster home she was sent to, from sexual to physical. She never had a true place to call home, and suffered from social anxiety. She was very smart and beautiful, but always an outcast thoughout her life.

There was something special about Violet, something she didn't never realized or was mentally strong enough to discover. All she wanted was a new start and to be happy.

"Are you listening to me, we got to stick together, said Terri waiting for her to respond. "Yes, it wont happen again."

"Baby I love you and I just want us safe, once things die down it will be better. I promise," said Terri.