Chp:5 Home Sweet Home

The ride home from the hospital was cold and silent. Violet had so much on her mind and it was no help Aaron was slightly annoyed.

"I can't believe this happened, you had those doctors looking at me crazy. Why didn't you go rest if you felt bad," he asked gripping the wheel harder?"

"I did, it h...happened so fast.The next thing I knew"....
--"I really don't want to hear it, I'm gonna drop you off and head back to work."

"But it's ten O' clock at night, work can't wait? The doctor put me on bed rest and I do need your help."

Aaron's eyebrows sunk between the cracks of his eyes and small wrinkles surrounded his slightly purked lips. He lifted the back of his hand to slap her and she raised her arms to block her face! His hand slipped off the wheel and the car and jolted to the left, almost hitting the car passing on the opposite side of the road!

"Aaron," she screamed gripping his brown leather seats tightly!

He pulled the car over trying to calm down."You're always running your mouth, just shut up and let me drive,"he yelled leaning over her violently! Violet leaned towards her door physcially preparing herself to feel a moment of pain.

They got back on the road and headed home. They pulled in the driveway and sat there in silence for a moment. Violet went to open the door and he grabbed her arm. She slowly turned to him nervously.

"Let me start off by apologizing, I know this is a lot on both of us and I could be doing better. So I think I want to be honest with you."

Violet was so scared; he wasn't sure what to believe. She couldn't remeber the last time he said anything nice to her. Something didn't feel right.