Chp:9 Mommy Dearest

Violet awoke to a sweet aroma coming from downstairs and noticed a note on her nightstand.

It read:
"Babe I hate fighting with you I called your mother over to help you today. I'll see you after work...I love You so much. See you later."😊   Aaron

Violet sat up and looked around the room she touched all over her body to make sure she wasn't bleeding other than her nose. She went to the bathroom and turned on the shower and stood in front of her bathroom mirror.

Her nose wasn't as bad as she thought it be, it had been worse. Her left eye had a small bruise and her body was beyond sore. She felt a sharp pain in her stomach that brought her to her knees! She slowly sat on the toilet breathing in and out. The pain calmed down and Violet was finally able to get in the shower.

Once she was done getting ready she made her way to the kitchen.

"I was wondering when you were going to get up," Julie said giving her a plate then turning the stove off. Violet did her best to cover the bruises with make up. She noticed her mother kept glaring at her, not knowing if she could still see the dark purple scars.

"What did you do to piss him off this time," she asked stuffing a fork full of eggs in her mouth, with a cigarette lit in her other hand?

Violet looked up and starred at her mother in a emotionless silence. She chuckled and slid her tongue over the front of her teeth and shook her head slowly.

"Does it matter," she asked rubbing her stomach frowning up feeling the sharp pain trying to return.

"Somehow you seem to piss everyone off around you, and I know," Julie said pointing her fork at her squinting her left eye at her.

"So that gives him the right to put his hands on me," she asked tears filling her eyes. "Don't start all that, I went through it too, it made me tougher. You're my child you're strong, you'll be fine," said Julie throwing her fork down getting upset relighting her cigarette. "Get out!!! I never want to see you again," Violet yelled! "I'm so done letting you take  your anger and bitterness out on me. That's for everyone! No one knows how I feel or gives a damn. What did I do to deserve this?This man just rapped me last night and I we just found out I'm carrying his child!" She said crying and starting to walk off!

She stopped  feeling a wet drip between her legs! Her mother stood up in shock.

"Your pregnant," she asked squinting her eyes!?

Violet dropped to her knees holding her stomach then passed out!