Chp:4 Trapped

Violet slowly opened her eyes and saw a small white window to her left. An IV was connected to her right arm and she was in a white and baby blue gown in a bed covered in white sheets. She saw Terri pacing back and forth in the crack of the room door angrily talking on the phone.

Terri saw that Violet was awake and rushed to her side. "Hey you, you gave me quite a scare; how are you feeling," she asked pulling up a small stool and grabbing her hand tightly?

"I'm ok, I feel a little dizzy, but it's not too bad, she said smiling squeezing Terri's hand back. The doctor walked in with a nurse.

"I see you woke up, how are we feeling," he asked pulling his mini flashlight from his white coat pocket checking her eyes?

"I feel ok, what happen," she asked studying the room with a look of confusion?

"We were hoping you could tell us." He said looking at her then back at her chart. He got ready to take notes. " You passed out and were sent to the emergency room, he said studying her confused behavior.

The doctor stood in a silence waiting for Violet to respond. She lowered her head unable to look anyone in the eye.

"We noticed some bruises on you; could you tell us how that happened?"

"---Can we just have a minute, ...PLEASE." asked Terri rolling her eyes? "I know you're just doing your job, but can I just have a moment with her?"

The doctor and nurse glared at each other then left the room shutting the door behind them.

"Thanks,"said Violet fiddling with her
fingers.

"This has got to stop, what is going on? You look like hell, please come stay with me, you know you're always welcomed. You think these doctors are stupid? And of course Aaron isn't picking up his damm phone," shes said angrily in deep thought.

"I can't do this right now"

--- "Well when's a good time for you ," Terri said frowning standing up.

She started pacing the room, energy full of frustration and anger.

"If you don't leave him your gonna end up dead and then what? I have watched this man disrespect and hurt you all these years, and I don't know what it's gonna take for you to realize he doesn't love you. Just leave him," she said with a strong look of concern and fear.

"You dont understand, he has some issues"...

------"Some", her voice raised a little as she spun around facing the bed in disbelief!

Terri walked over to Violet in tears. " You don't deserve this and I don't understand why you won't let me help. As your friend you expect me to just watch and stay quiet?" One of Terri's tears hit the back of Violets hand.

Then Aaron popped his head in the door! Startling them both. "Babe, what the hell happen?

Terri looked back at Violet and brushed away the last few tears in her eyes and grabbed her purse. Aaron pushed passed her and sat on the stool next to the bed.

"Watch yourself Asshole!" -----"Asshole," he said looking back at Terri irritably.

Terri didn't entertain his remake and looked at Violet.
" I'm going to call you in a few hours and check on you, I love you," she said before leaving the room.

Violet sat there in silence too afraid to look up.
The doctor walked back in with the nurse with a strong sense of concern.