Prologue

Arsha stormed into his flat

Arsha stormed into his flat. He had just given a little way, she squeezed through it.
She was frantically searching for her purse. She didn't spare him a glance. He locked the door and threw the key into his pocket. He plunged into the sofa and waited.

'Where's my purse?" She asked furiously after sometime. He shrugged. She turned dark.

"I need my ID card for office. Give it to me." She demanded in anger.

"I don't know." He ignored her flipping magazine. She turned away furiously and started to leave. Soon she realised the door was locked. She returned in rage.

"Open the door." She was trying hard not to shout.

"I didn't lock it." He remarked casually.

"Do you think I am a fool? Open it." She screamed.

"Then talk." He finaly acknowledged.

"I have nothing to say. Give me the key." She    demanded again.

He sat there silently. Arsha was enraged. Madly she went inside the house. Sensing something bad, he followed her. What he saw shocked him. She was trying to jump from the balcony.

"Arsha! Stop!" He called out shocked.

She didn't stop but quickened her efforts. He pulled her out and away from the balcony. She was struggling uncontrollably to escape. He held her tight from escaping.

"Why?" He asked confused.

"Idiot! I am not trying to die. I was trying to escape." She laughed mocking him.

His hold loosened. She struggled free. To his  horror she ran to the balcony and jumped. He caught her halfway and pulled her up. She kicked and hit him hard. He pressed her to the ground and restrained her hands and body. His legs locked her legs. He slapped her cheeks hard when she tried again. Finaly he dragged her to his bedroom and tied her to the bed.

"I hate you." She screamed. He was smoking a cigar.

"Is that the reason you tried to die." He was angry.

"No!" She replied turning away.

"Why?" He asked again.

"It's my life and I will do whatever I like with it." She smirked.

"Then don't do it in my balcony." He was outraged.

"Give me my purse then." She had stopped struggling.

He opened his cupboard. Took out her purse and threw it to her. He untied her and left the room. When he came back she had tidied her dress and hair ready to leave. She didn't look at him but was calmer than before.

When she was about to leave the room he hugged her behind.

"I love you Arsha. Don't even try anything stupid." His hold was tight yet soft. His voice  rang like beautiful bells.

"You don't. I hate you. I hate all men." She sobbed.

"I can't imagine you can say these after we......do you know how much I love you?" He questioned her sadly.

"You just want my body. When you are bored you too will dump me." She cried hard.

"That's how you see me" He was sad for her and him.

"Yes. That's what you are. Waiting to get me laid." She accused him with red swollen eyes.

"Arsha!" How could she? When he was ready to even?

"I wish I was dead already. God! I don't have the courage to comitt suicide." She dried her eyes. He was worried to death. What if she attempts something bad at home?

"Tell me what happened. Will you?" He cajoled her softly. 'Whatever I will solve it." He promised her hugging her hard.

"S.D...i ...don't ....she sobbed. I don't want...." Her voice trailed off.