Part 5

Vinod sat in conference room cooly

Vinod sat in conference room cooly. His negotiations with Arnav went better than he expected. He had started his bargain from a higher rate expecting the other party to oppose and reduce the rate. But Arnav easily agreed to his conditions. He couldn't believe his father foolishly handed over the authority to make deals.

"So shall we finalize?" Aranv was in a hurry to sign. Something didn't seem right.

"Let's wait for your father." Vinod suggested. As much as he wanted profit he was not unscrupulous to trick a novice. Sooner or later Uncle would find out. Why ruin his credibility?

"S.D. Why delay good things?" Arnav forced him. Calling his childhood pet names. He was not even professional in his dealings.

Before he could chide Arnav, the door opened and Arsha barged in.

"Who called you here?" Arnav questioned her.

"Am I not supposed to assist you?" Arsha left him no way.

"You are late for that. We finalised the deal. " Arnav dismissed her signing the deal.

"Well. Better late than never." She snatched the finalised deal. Arnav stared at her in disbelief.

Arsha was dressed professionally in a pencil skirt and white blouse complete with a coat. Even though their company didn't require this kind of dressing, it looked stylish on her. It gave a rich vibe to her.

"Hi. Mr. Vinod. This is Ms. Arsha from SVK electricals. Iam here to assist Mr. Arnav to finalise the deal. I will be reviewing the deal you made again. Do you mind?" Arsha introduced herself.

Professional. Confident. A woman who knew what she is doing. He was enamored by her. He couldn't help but compare her to her brother.

"Iam glad Ms. Arsha. Go on." He gave his consent without giving away his feelings. He was waiting if she was really talented or all this was a show.

"Mr. Vinod I have to ask you to review some details regarding the deal. I think it gives undue profit to your company." Arsha declared with conviction.

She spotted it. In a minute with just one read she found it. She is cut out for this job. He admired her presence of mind and intelligence. A day before she left him home dejected. But that didn't affect her work. Not even a bit. He knew she would make it big in bussiness.

"Madam this is not fair. Arnav Sir already agreed to finalise the deal. How can you change things now?" It was James, his trusted aid. He had finalised the most complicated negotiations in their favor.

"But it's against the interests of our company." Arsha didn't relent. She didn't even look at Vinod's face.

"You will not change a word in that contract. " Arnav all of a sudden snatched the deal back warning her.

"I can and I will. " Arsha stood firm.

Vinod understood this was not all about a deal but much more. He could sense the rivalry between them. Maybe this is about inheritance, next head of the company.

"Madam. Then we have to inform you that we have to stop the deal here." James warned her. James had sensed what he sensed. Vinod appreciated his tactics.

"Fine." Arsha said. Great. The pressure tactics didn't work on her. She was really something.

"You! Why did you come here now? To stop the deal after I finalise it? To humiliate me.I will not agree to this." Arnav screamed at her.

He couldn't comprehend Arnav. Is he really a fool or is his hate blinding him?

"I would have come earlier if you informed me about the time change. And you wouldn't have signed this......" Arsha retorted still she stopped short of what she shouldn't say before strangers.

He couldn't believe this woman was the girl he met before.

" James. Leave the room with our staff. I will finalise the deal myself." Vinod instructed James while eyeing the other party's staff.

"But Sir?" James wasn't ready to leave something when they were so near success. His intuition screamed not to go.

"This is family. " Vinod looked into Arsha's eyes.

He never did this. Mixing business and relationships is something he didn't approve. But he had no intention to continue this deal from the beginning. This was boring.

As soon as James and other staff left, Arnav pulled out Arsha's hair and screamed. "I knew you would ruin everything. You want to prove yourself better and gobble the company. You want to paint me useless.

"That's because you are useless. The company will be ruined in your hands." Arsha said nothing to soothe his anger. She poured oil into fire.

"You bitch! You are not my sister." He lost all his control. He squeezed her throat hard.

"Arnav! Stop it." Vinod pulled apart Arnav from Arsha. She was almost choking. Arnav still came to attack her.

"If you touch her again I will cancel the deal and inform Uncle." Vinod pushed him away. Arnav stopped. "Sit there. I have things to tell you." Vinod pointed at the seat nearby.

He consoled Arsha and gave her water. He left her only after he made sure she is fine. He turned to Arnav when things cooled down.

"Arnav. There are many ways to make your point heard. Violence is not one of them."

"But she?" Arnav was not ready to admit his mistakes.

"Go and learn the deal first. Make points against and for your argument. Then we will finalise the deal. I will wait for a week." Vinod didn't speak like a bussiness man but his big brother.

"But father?" Arnav was apprehensive but he cooled down.

"I will talk to him." Vinod assured him.

Arnav left there with the file. Vinod looked at Arsha. Her eyes were swollen, hair ruffled and throat had finger marks.

"If someone comes in, they might think.." He didn't finish before Arsha made herself presentable.

He wanted to ask her so many things. But the door was knocked. Her staff entered to inform that her father had invited both of them to lunch.