Part 8

He met Arsha again with Praveen in a coffee shop

He met Arsha again with Praveen in a coffee shop. He came there for a client meet. He had no idea who was forcing them for a date. He felt sorry for both. As his meet finished, he approached them. That day he refrained from indulging too much into their business. But he should talk things with this girl.

As he approached, Praveen already got up to leave. He was surprised to see Vinod there. Arsha sat there like a stone.

"Hi. Vinod. How come you.." He asked.

"Client meet. They just left." Vinod explained.

"I have to leave. " Praveen said looking at Arsha.

"You can leave. I have things to discuss with S.D" Arsha dismissed him.

"Who's S.D?" Praveen was curious.

Before Vinod could explain Arsha's sweet voice said. "Oh! That's the nickname I call him." Praveen stared at her furious.

"Praveen, don't misunderstand. This girl was a little kid when I started making money. It's my childhood nickname. Even Arnav calls me that." Vinod explained things quickly. This Arsha girl is a master manipulator.

"It's nothing. Then I will leave. " Praveen shook hands with Vinod before leaving.

Soon after he exited the door, a bunch of roses flew past Vinod to the door. Vinod turned to see Arsha sitting there furious. Everyone in the cafe looked at them. One of the staff took the roses and put it in the dustbin. People turned to their own business.

"Come. We need to talk." Vinod demanded.

"I have nothing to talk to you other than sex." She was loud.

People's head turned to them again. He knew she was intentionally loud. She was rebelling.

"Come." He said softy. Whatever it was not good sitting there anymore.

"Let's go to some hotel this time. I don't like the same place twice." She was full throated this time.

Vinod dragged her out of the cafe to his car. Once outside the cafe she didn't protest. He drove. He was angry. He wanted to cool down before he talked to her. This girl was so immature. Does her brain freeze after office?

All through the drive she was silent. She obediently entered his home and sat in the sofa.

"Now start the lecture." She smirked.

"So you know your fault." Vinod questioned her.

"Why not? Not being chaste and fulfilling the sacred promise. Not respecting parents." She bowed her head in submission.

"Break the marriage. " Vinod instructed her.

"What?" She was shocked. She expected a class from him like others.

"Why? You don't like him. He too is not interested in you. For whom are you doing this?" He tried to talk sense into her.

"Do you think I want this? My father is threatening me with company's shares. I am forced to." Her eyes filled. "It's my sweat too. I can't let it go in drains. Arnav will single handedly destroy it." She sobbed.

"But how can you destroy an innocent man's life in this fight." Vinod was really concerned for Praveen. The way she was insulting him daily he can't be blamed for being distant from her. He felt sorry for him .

"That bastard! I explained him everything. He is in this for money. He told me everything will be okay after marriage." She screamed.

He could understand that. A middle class man marrying into an affluent family. Even if the girl didn't have much interest who will leave such an opportunity. In many cases they indeed had good lives later. But Arsha really hated him. It would be his naivety to marry her.

"I will talk to him. Maybe he is misguided. If he reconsider the proposal, your father can be convinced." Vinod was confident he could talk him out. Praveen did seem a good guy.

"Do you know what I told him when he said yes to the proposal in spite of my protests ?" Arsha looked at him in pitty. "That he was a turn off for me. What more are you going to tell to make him deter?" She closed her eyes and sighed.