Part 9

Arsha and Arnav

Arsha and Arnav. Sivadas was a lucky man blessed with a daughter and son. Arsha was the elder one. As she grew up, he took her to the company. She inherited his skills. She worked, succeeded and dominated the company.

Arnav being the younger one was given more leniency. By the time he enjoyed his life and joined the company, Arsha became the breath of the company. He competed. He failed. He could neither overtake nor even reach near her. Her experience added her authority. Arnav being egoistic to the core refused to learn from the mistakes. Thus he stayed a fool.

Even if Sivadas knew all these, reality struck him. Arsha will be married someday. Her surname will change. Her family will change. It's Arnav who has to carry his legacy forward.

That's when he started favouring Arnav over Arsha. Soon the staff realised the pattern. Arsha started loosing her power. But she wouldn't back down. She fought hard. Finally he handed over the signing authority to Arnav. That started the biggest sibling rivalry ever. Arsha was devastated. She vowed to get back what was her's.

Finally Sivadas had to call her and explain things. That's when she vowed to never get married. She was that dedicated to the company. But he was also a father. How can he let his daughter live and die alone. This was her youth. She was impulsive. She would grow old. Her priorities would change. Then she would hate him. He wouldn't allow that.

It was not easy to convince her. Thus he demoted her, took her powers away. Finally he had to threaten her with the company shares. She agreed for marriage. He knew her plans. With the little she had, he would control Arnav. Later she would win back the company. In this life he would not let that happen.

That's how Praveen came. He had a government job. He had no knowledge in business. Arsha would get no help from him. He was passive, anxious and slow. His family had not even one relative in a well off position. There was not even a remote threat. And after marriage she would have to relocate to a distant place. A perfect candidate as his son in law.

She wrecked havoc the day she saw him. She hated him to the core. He expected her to threaten him with suicide. She didn't. She tried her maximum to dissuade Praveen. He was concerned and arranged all back up plans. But Praveen didn't fall for her tricks. He knows, Arsha inherited her mother's looks. Not many men can look past her.

Sometimes he thinks he is being cruel to Arsha. But he enquired about Praveen. He had clean habits and records. He would look after her well. Of course he is a little distant from her owing to her blatant display of disgust. But things will change when they get married. Did his wife like him first? Today her world revolves around him.

And company? Once Arsha is out, he would tighten his hold on Arnav. He would personally train him. There is nothing that cannot be improved. Arnav would succeed him.