Part 18

Arsha neither picked his calls nor came to his flat

Arsha neither picked his calls nor came to his flat. He wanted to apologise to her. But she was not ready to face him. He went to their office in the pretext of seeing Arnav. But she walked away when they came face to face. Finally he was trapped in Arnav's cabin for a day hearing him bitching  Arsha. 

He was distraught. He knew he was wrong to hurt her. He did that in a spree. And he was ready to make amends. But she closed all doors before him. Finally he decided to give her some time.

It was a week after that he met Arsha again. It was at a posh restaurant. She was with Praveen. She wore a sleeveless crop top and shorts. It was so vulgar that he himself wanted to look away. How could he  miss the way men ogled at her and passed dirty comments. It was better if she didn't dress at all. His fists tightened. He had an irresistible urge to throw her on his lap and blast her ass. Her hips and navel were in display for everyone to see. He chest tightened. He closed his eyes in fury. She stared at him in shock. He turned to leave. He had enough. 

"Hey. Vinod!" Praveen called out.  He sounded delighted to meet an old friend. 

Unable to leave, he turned back frustrated. "Hi. Nice to meet you." Vinod noticed the hands on her shoulder. He hated Praveen for that. He would for sure break those wrists.

"We came here for a date." Praveen said cheerfully. His hands shifted to her hips. Vinod tightened his fists. He looked at Arsha. Her eyes were focused on his own face. 

"In fact she took initiative today. Things are going great." Praveen said but this time vacant hand caressed her navels. He hated them both. 

Enough! He turned away and left. What Praveen thought didn't concern him. That girl? He hated her! She didn't even protest. Weeks before she shed an ocean of tears before him. Today she was willingly standing there dressed like a stripper for him to publicly fondle her. Is this how she plans to secure the company? He felt ashamed. Was this the girl who fought for the company with teeth and nails against him and her brother? That was right. That was admirable. What she was doing now was disguting. Did he break his rules for this woman? Did he open his heart for this girl? 

As he got in his car, she had come to him running. "S.D!" She called. 

"Don't call me that ever again." He warned her. That was a special name. He only let people call it if they were likable. 

"I can explain." She sobbed.

"No need. You proved your words. You are relenting even before marriage." He laughed.  She was not just his lover. He had placed her on a pedestal. He admired her. He worshipped her. But everything was in vain. 

She cried more."I need to tell you some things." 

Even before she could explain more he said. "Prostitutes sell their body to maybe feed their children. Why are you doing this? Don't you have enough money to live lavishly? You are doing this out of greed. Cheap woman!" She stood there silently with her tears rolling down. 

He had sped his car from there. But his mind was still on her.  He knew Arsha. She wouldn't. He had said something every man said to hurt a woman. Calling her a whore. But he had lost all his control. She was his! How could she? If she broke up for a man she loved, he would have accepted that. Even if she did it to enter a normal relationship, he was fine. But she? He noticed her face when that bastard's hand reached her. It just had disgust. Then why did she stand there?  Even if she gestured for help, he would have made a pulp out of the asshole.  Why was she ruining herself? For company? Nonsense. She was bent on saving people and things who didn't care about her. And he ran one for years to know this wasn't how business was done.