Chapter 8 | The Enforcers

Anastasia glides through students talking on the staircase as a buzzing noise reaches her ears. As she digs in her purse for her phone she reaches the final step and begins to move forward only to collide with a tall male in front of her. Before Anastasia could fall from impact two hands are placed on each side of her shoulders.

Anastasia snatches herself out of the stranger's grip. Don't touch me. She shoves her phone back into her purse looking up to see a leather jacket and broad shoulders. Her eyes travel continuously upwards as a caramel skinned toned male with light brown eyes appears.

Wow, he's cute, Anastasia thought. As she was thinking about apologizing and introducing herself Portman began to talk.

Right, so I should have let you fall then babe Portman smirks.

Thanks and My name is Anastasia and I would prefer you to call me that, she uses her most threatening glare. Actually I would prefer you not talk to me at all. She turns on her heels going in the direction of her art class.

Ugh I hope I never see him again, calling me babe how degrading. Why is it always the cute ones.

Fulton laughs looking at his best friend strike out.

Man, he laughs that was just sad.
Dean Portman looks at his best friend, yeah like you could have done any better.

I would make it past the first sentence, Fulton laughs.
With a girl like her..., Portman looks at where Anastasia vanished.

Before Portman could finish his thought the warning bell rings and the enforcers dash to class.