Chapter 24 | Lies and Confessions

As she walked out of her last class, Dean was leaning on the stairs. They shared a smile as she walked to him.

You ready for our date babe? He looked at her smiling.

Yeah I think so. She said unsure but trying to give her best smile.

Okay, he leaned down giving her a quick kiss.

They left the school hand in hand.

So how was your day? Dean look down at her as they walked to the school entrance.

It was okay nothing really happened out of the ordinary. She replied as guilt filled her. How about you?

No, besides Connie spreading dumb rumors about you.

Of course she was, she has nothing better to talk about. Her life must be really boring for her to always be into mine.

Calm down babe.

No I'm sick of it. What was she saying? Anastasia stops as she looks at Dean aggravated.

Just about some dude in Manhattan. Your friends were friends with him. He was saying that he knew you and stuff, guess you dated him and...

Anastasia looks at Dean feeling her stomach drop. And?

And that you two slept together. But rather you did or not has nothing to do with me. As long as you didn't cheat on me and it didn't happen between all the other shit with me and Banks.

You have nothing to worry about. Anastasia stood on her tip-toes and kissed Dean's lips softly as regret and guilt filled her. She knew she had to tell Dean sooner than later but did not want to end their date so soon.

They continued their walk to the ice cream parlor. After a fifteen minutes walk they arrived at Ben and Jerry's. Dean opened the door for her as she walked through holding the door for him.

They walked hand in hand to the ice cream display as Dean says, Get whatever you want babe and kisses her forehead.

The girl on the other side of the counter welcomes them to the shop. She waits for them to order, practically drooling over Portman.

Hi can I get a cup of chocolate chip cookie dough. Anastasia asked looking at the girl gaze at Dean.

Make that two please Dean says to the girl across the counter as the girl smiles at him.

Will that be all? The girl asked flirtatiously as she bates her eyelashes.

Anastasia looks at the girl irritated, that will be all thank you. Gosh I know he's fine but he's mine. It's obvious we are together. Did she not see us holding hands.

After hearing how his girlfriend replied, Dean wraps his arm around her waist and kisses her softly; as the girl rolls her eyes and prepares their order.

Portman pays for their ice cream and they head to the table in the far corner.

Thank you babe.