Chapter 23 | Unexpected Events (Part 2)

Tuesday, October 21st

The Courtyard

The wheels of the Range Rover came to an abrupt stop as Jordan stops at a halt in front of the gates of Eden Hall. Anastasia grabs her bookbag and purse and thanked Jordan for driving her to school. As she climbed out of the car she spotted Dean standing by the gate waiting for her as he nods to Jordan. Their eyes connected as Anastasia's heart speeds up walking to him.

Hey babygirl Dean lowers his head kissing her softly.

Morning babe, Anastasia replies with a hug.

Their hands connected as they walked down the pathway and they begin to have a conversation of what they had done the night before. As they walked down the pathway her eyes spot Adam Banks with Rick Riley and varsity. She knew of the pranks that the Ducks played on Varsity and vice versa but she did not want any part of it. Especially since she was dealing with the mess between Banks and Portman. But seeing Banks after the breakup had only made her struggle more with her inner self. She was pulled out of her thoughts with Dean practically yelling at her to get her attention.

Babe, Portman came to abrupt stop. Anastasia did you hear anything I said. Dean stood in front of her with his arms folded.

Yeah of course I did she rips her eyes away from Adam Banks and the girl next to him.

Yeah, he looks questionably at her. Then what did I say? Dean said annoyed.

Anastasia looks down messing with her fingers staying quiet.

I was talking about us getting ice cream after school before practice.

They finally reach their table as Anastasia answers yes to Portman as she goes to greet Julie and Fulton.

Hey Julie, Fulton. Anastasia hugs her best friends.

Hey bestie, Julie hugs back. So, what did your parents say about this Saturday?

They said we could, ill buy the supplies tonight so that we have everything we need for the proposals.

What proposals? Fulton asked looking in between Julie and Anastasia as the sound of people talking surrounds them.

For the Sadie Hawkins dance in November. They have already started to sell tickets for it in the office. Julie answers as her eyes scan the Varsity table for Scooter.

Anastasia gives Julie a knowing look and subtly nods her head in his direction as she spots Rick, Cole, and Scooter having what seems to be an intense conversation. In one swift motion Scooter picks up his phone and a second later Julie phone goes off.

ooo is it your man? Anastasia teases looking at Julie as she rolls her eyes but her cheeks become rosy.

Julie opens her text as Anastasia looks over her arm as the words meet me after school is revealed. Julie looks up at Scooter and nods.

Oh get it girl Anastasia playfully says as the school bell rings signaling its time to go to first period.

As the Ducks started head to first period, the conversation of new pranks were developed but Anastasia decided to tune them out as she held on to Portman's hand. At this time this had become a routine for them, Dean would pick her up at the gates and they would walk to class. It was time for a change as Anastasia grew tired of the same routine. Not to say Dean Portman wasnt a good boyfriend she just hoped things would have been different now. Portman and Anastasia had finally reached her Freshman English class.

Thanks for walking me to class babe she said looking up to Dean's light brown eyes.

Sure, Dean said walking to his class knowing his girlfriend hated when he was late since it usually resulted in getting a detention and laps from Coach Orion.

As her purple and black hightops carried her to her assigned seat she passed Conway.

Whats up Conway? Anastasia said turning her body towards him as he slouched in his seat.

Linda and I had a huge fight and broke up. Apparently I was not giving her enough attention and she thought that was her chance to cheat on me with one of her environmental friends.

Oh that fucking sucks Conway, I'm so sorry. you know what you're to good for her anyway and i bet there are other girls who want to be with Captain Duck. You're sweet, cute, and a nice guy so I know you will find someone that will treat you right.

Thanks Ana, Conway smiles in her direction and then goes back to a closed off seated position.

As Vlanterrin turns back around she spots Banks standing by the door with Sarah in a mid-lip lock. She rolls her eyes as she turns to the front trying to ignore the turning feeling in her stomach and her aching hands. She takes out her phone and looks at the picture of Dean and her sitting in the grass. A minute later she hears a bag drop next to her. After what feels like a month she tries to work up the energy to talk to him.

Hey Banks, Anastasia says nervously biting her bottom lip waiting for an answer.

There is a brief pause as Anastasia stomach drops.

Hey, Banks answers finally giving her a chance as he had forgiven her a long time ago but never forgotten. He thought he might as well try since they were stuck in these seat until December.

I was wondering if you could help me with this next essay we have in this class. Im struggling to understand this material.

Charlie looks between Anastasia and Banks.

..And I know it's due next week so it's kinda late but I can't afford not to get a good grade.

Sure. I don't have practice tomorrow so we could meet in the library around 4.

That's perfect, thank you so much. Anastasia smiles as she looks into Bank's blue eyes.

As the bell rings Anastasia turns around smiling to herself.

A/N: hey, Sword here. I'm so sorry I've been away for so long. But I'm back I promise. I'm going to try to get a full chapter out each week. If you have any suggestions on what you would like to happen in this fanfic let me know. Finally please comment it helps me a lot to know what works and what doesn't. I also have an idea to write another fanfic it would be like a freaky Friday moment with time travel between Dean from Mighty Ducks and Mush from Newsies.