Chapter 17 | Love Triangle (Part 3)

Are you going to go out on a date with him? Portman hesitantly asked sitting next to her.

I told him I would, Anastasia responds as she looks down at her hands. They begin to ache as she waits for a response from Portman.

The unlocking of a door fills their ears.

Hey dude Fulton says. He turns around looking between Portman and Anastasia sitting on the bed in complete silence.

Why the hell does she need to go on a date with him? Can't she see how much I like her and want to be with her? She literally just said they weren't serious. Shit dude say something.

You're going out on a date with Banks. Portman says.

Fulton eyes widen hearing this knowing how much his best friend likes her. Knowing how much it would hurt if the girl he liked was dating someone else but flirting with him.

Vlanterrin youre not being fair to Portman Fulton glances at Anastasia.

No it's cool dude she wants to go out with Banks fucking let her. Portman gets up from the bed looking at Anastasia. I'm done wasting my time on you. I can get any girl at this school but chose you. Everyone thinks you're so sweet, but you are nothing but a fucking player. You expect Banks and me to wait on you to figure things out. And you're going on a date with someone you say you aren't serious about. Before your date I'm sure Banks would like to know what happened in the closet at his house and here while we were studying.

Anastasia's life came crashing down seeing the boy she likes slam the door. She looks at the door Dean slammed as her eyes begin to release tears.

Look Vlanterrin, Fulton begins to say trying to pick his words carefully. If you truly care about Banks and Portman you need to be honest with them.

I thought Dean understood how I felt they both said they would wait for an answer Anastasia cries. I didn't mean to hur.. to hurt them I really do ha.. have feelings for them.

Fulton walks up to Anastasia. Just because we say that or say that it's okay doesn't mean we want to see another guy all over the girl we like or for them to be kissing. And Portman is heartbroken even if he acts like he isn't....

Anastasia cries letting her head fall, I.. i didn't m.. mean to make him this upset.

... He talks about you alot, and was ready to make you his girl. It didn't help that everytime one of the ducks saw you you were all over Banks or Portman. Look I have a sister and if she was doing that I would tell her to apologize to them; and to not expect anything back. That's all you can do Fulton hugs Anastasia as tears soak his left shoulder.

.....

Meanwhile Dean searches the courtyard to find Banks. After searching for twenty minutes he finds him sitting at a table doing homework.

Banks, Portman yells walking up to his table we need to talk.

Banks glares at Portman why?

We need to talk about Anastasia cause I'm fucking tired of all this.

Banks begins to pickup his stuff packing it into his bag. I don't have much time.

They begin to walk to the library.

Okay what's this about Banks ask. I already know she's seeing you but she says it's not that serious.

The hell, not that serious. It was serious thirty minutes ago.

I'm tired of her shit, she's been lying to both of us. She told me that you two weren't serious either. But at your house we kissed before playing truth or dare and seven minutes in heaven. We made out during seven minutes in heaven and we almost had sex thirty minutes ago. She didn't tell me you two have a date for Saturday until after. So, do whatever you want with that information.

Dean walks in the opposite direction heading back towards his dorm spotting Anastasia crying and waiting he guessed for her parents to pick her up. He felt his heart break and shaked his head knowing the girl he liked was not honest with him from the beginning.

...

After what seemed like forever and a nightmare Jordan pulled up.

Hi Jordan Anastasia sadly greets as she climbs into the car.

What's wrong Ana? Jordan looks into the rearview mirror for a second than back to the road.

Just didn't have a good day. I really messed up with this guy I like. I don't think he will even talk to me again.

If you really like him don't give up okay? I'm sure whatever you did wasn't that bad. Jordan says

Her phone vibrates as she looks out the window. Her phone vibrates again. She reaches into her pocket pulling out her phone. She sees a missed call for Adam Banks and a new voicemail. She clicks one putting it by her ear. The voicemail begins to play...

I talked to Portman today. We both had enough with your lies. He told me everything, the kisses at my house. My house Anastasia really?

He never calls me Anastasia.

Do you not care about us.

Of course I care about you Adam. Tears begin to roll down her face hearing how hurt he is.

Evidently you don't because you told Portman we werent serious. So now we won't be. I was gonna take you out on Saturday and asked you to be my girlfriend. But after hearing how you were all over Dean Portman and practically having sex with him in his dorm room. It's now clear you can't be trusted. All we wanted from you was honesty as you decided. But now we have decided and I'm done.

She deletes the voicemail wiping tears from her eyes as new tears form.

Finally, they pull up to the Vlanterrin's house. Anastasia quickly grabs her stuff and runs up to her room slamming the door behind her. She pulls off her shoes and lays in bed as tears begin to hit her pillow until she falls asleep.