Chapter 29 | Varsity vs. Ducks: Wait he said what?

Friday, November 6th
Location: The Halls of Eden Hall

Anastasia walked the halls of Eden Hall Academy going to her first class English Lit. When she arrived Banks and Sarah where at their lockers in a heated conversation. Anastasia started to walk slowly to the entrance hoping to hear any words of their conversation and caught eyes with Banks. Sarah turned her head looking at him noticing he wasn't paying any attention.

What's with you lately? Sarah turns her head looking at Banks.

What do you mean? As he pays attention to Anastasia walking into class.

Anastasia was pretending to search through her phone as she listened to their conversation.

I don't know you seem distance.

I'm fine I'm going to head to class now.

Okay I love you Adam.

I love you too Ana.

Anastasia eyes become wide as she nearly drops her phone. Sarah become furious and turns her body to her boyfriend. Adam begins to stutter I mean Sarah. I'm so sorry.

She slams her locker as she walks away storming past Anastasia looking down at the floor as tears fall down her face. Anastasia felt bad for Sarah knowing that Adam's heart wasnt in it. But to say he loves her when he clearly has a girlfriend and never hearing those words from him either meant that he really didn't mean to say it or actually felt that way she didn't know if she could believe it. Anastasia walks to class not making eye contact with Charlie. She sits down in her seat pulling out her notebook as Banks walks in.

How much of that did you hear?

Anastasia awkwardly sits there not knowing what to say and not being able to look at him. Not knowing how to feel because on Friday everything happened with Varsity and the 600 dollar dinner which she still didn't forgive him about and then today he practically broke up with Sarah as he confessed he loved her. That was to quick of a change for her.

She decided to use to the same remark. What do you mean?

You almost dropped your phone when I said that I love you. Do you feel the same?

We really shouldn't be talking about this right now...

Anastasia looks at Charlie knowing he was hanging on to every word.

When?

Tonight okay. Anastasia puts all her attention on what their teacher is reviewing and her notes trying her hardest not to look at Banks. She needing advice and fast before she talked to Banks tonight. Obviously Jack and Fulton were out of the question since she got kicked out of the newsies and Fulton would relate anything back to Dean. So, that left Julie.

....

Julie was in the middle of her French project when there was thump from a book bag hitting the floor. She didn't even have to look to know Scooter had sat down in the chair next to her. She stayed quiet and kept writing not even glancing in his direction.

Still not talking to me, huh? Scooter said looking at her.

Classmates talking was the only thing to fill up the quiet space around them. She moved a piece of her hair behind her ear as she wore her hair down for the first time in forever. Scooter looked at her biting his lip knowing that she only did that to drive him crazy as it was one of the things that she did that drew in his attention. That and the fact the she was not only beautiful but very smart. Julie tried her best not to look at him as she knew when she did she would forgive him.

Scooter got up from his chair leaving his bookbag there but grabbing his keys. I'll make it up to you I promise. He says to himself as he leaves the library running to his car and turns it on.

Meanwhile Anastasia had arrived at the library in search of Julie. 'I love you too Ana' played in her mind on repeat since this morning. Did he mean it? If he loved me why did he leave me out to dry at the restaurant? Can I trust him? These questions continuously replayed in her mind as she found Julie at a table with multiple books open and two bookbags at her feet.