Chapter 21 | Awkward Situations

Monday, September 23
Location: Freshman English

Anastasia had been trying to contact Adam Banks all weekend. Everytime she called it would either ring and go to to voicemail or it went straight to voicemail. It was now Monday and to late to tell him herself as many of the ducks knew that Portman and Anastasia hung out that weekend. Though they didn't know what happened, to an extent, she knew that words would spread back to Adam Banks. To top it all off she decided to wear Dean's leather jacket to school since he left it at her place.

Anastasia walked inside her class and sat at her assigned seat as her leg bounced in anticipation of seeing Banks walk into class. Charlie walks into class taking his seat two seats to the right of her. Anastasia turns to her captain.

Have you seen Adam? I really need to talk to him. He's usually here.

He went to the rest room Charlie turns to her seeing a leather jacket. Is that Portman's?

Yeah it is Charlie nods taking out his phone.

Anastasia is wearing Portman's
leather jacket.

Banksie:
... WHAT?!
I thought Portman and her
we're over.

Banks walks into the class sitting in his seat. He looks at Anastasia from his peripheral vision seeing the leather jacket. Anastasia turns to Banks.

We need to talk after class

K, I'll walk you to class

Anastasia focuses on her notes from class.

....

45 minutes later Anastasia is putting her class materials into her bag as Adam Banks waits for her.

So, you wanted to talk?.

Yeah

Anastasia and Banks walks out the class walking to the staircase.

I wanted to tell you that I was sorry for what happened between us. Me kissing Portman at your house and not being honest with you about him and what happened was unfair.

Adam looks at her, okay.

They walk up the stairs as he walks her to class.

So what's happening between you and Portman? You're wearing his leather jacket.

Yeah, Anastasia crosses her arms. I don't want to hurt you but Portman and I...

As the reach the top of the stairs and turn the corner Dean is standing by the wall looking at them closely.

Were dating now. Anastasia looks at Banks seeing him upset.

Anastasia touches his arm turning to him. I tried to call you to let you know over the weekend. I wanted to be as honest with you as possible. And you're dating that cheerleader.

Yeah it's fine Anastasia. Im over it. Thanks for being honest. Banks hugs Anastasia.

Dean begins to walk toward them hey babe.

Anastasia breaks the hug looking behind her than back at Adam.

Dean puts his hand securely around her waist looking at Banks.

Hey, Anastasia looks down at Dean's hand then at him.

What's going on?

I was just telling Banks about us.

I'll see you guys later, Banks turns around walking to his class and away from the awkward situation.

What was that? Anastasia turns to face Dean.

He needs to know your mine.

Yes and he does I literally just told him. I didn't need you to put your arm around me at that moment. Anastasia looks at Portman annoyed. Let's just get to class before we are late. Anastasia tilts her head up kissing Dean I'll see you at lunch.

Portman kisses back and walks to class pulling out his phone sending a quick text to his girlfriend. You look hot wearing my jacket. He clicks send. Anastasia's phone vibrates as she takes it out of the leather jacket and reads the text smiling.