Chapter 13 | The Healing Process (Part 3)

One and half days had flown by. It was finally time for Anastasia to go back to Minneapolis. Everyone had found out about what happened between her and Racetrack. Since that moment the newsies had been walking on egg shells around them trying their best not to make things awkward. Race had stopped talking to her all together and Spot had been busy with the Brooklyn newsies all day after visiting Jack. So, Anastasia had only been able to spend most of her time with Mush and Blink, who constantly told her it wasn't her fault and that Race was just heart broken. Anastasia didn't know if she believed it or not. She had lost her best friend because of a kiss.

.....

Anastasia and Ms. Fortes had made it to JFK in time for her morning flight thanks to her parents switching out the flight tickets.

Thanks for everything Ms. Fortes. Anastasia says grabbing her bags.

It's not a problem, Ana. It was so good to have you here. I know Antonio and Sean feel the same.

Anastasia fake smiles, sure he does.

They hug saying one final goodbye. Anastasia walks to the check-in desk as Ms. Fortes watches making sure she is safe. As she watches Anastasia turns around waving goodbye as she continues to walk to security.

After what feels like forever she grabs her purse from the end of the conveyor belt and puts on her shoes as her designated ringtone Taylor Swift "Love Story" starts to play. She quickly picks up her phone from the bin and begins to walk to her gate surprised to see Adam Banks calling her.

Hello she answers

Hey he says

You okay? You never call me, what's going on.

Yeah, I'm okay, just about to get ready for school. Are you free to talk. Adam sits on his bed nervously.

I'm a bit busy, but I can talk. Can you hold on for one sec. Anastasia looks at her ticket walking down the corridor to find her gate.

Okay, I'm back. What did you want to talk about?

I just wanted to see how you were doing earlier you seemed upset.

It's just this week hasn't gone as planned yet. My best friend Race is mad at me.

That sucks I'm sorry. Anything I can do to make it better?

No not that I can think of but I'll let you know if there is.

Okay, so... What's your favorite color? Banks says as he notices Anastasia getting upset.

That came out of nowhere she laughs but it's purple and teal.

Just want to get to know you more and mines green. You can ask any question you want to know the answer to.

Okay, I'll play along. If you could go back in time to one moment of your life and replay it where would you go.

Banks begins to think umm... I would go to the Goodwill championship. It was amazing feeling when we won the gold for hockey.