twenty six

when i woke up in the morning billie was gone like she said she would be. i don't want her to feel like shit, she deserves to be happy but how do i know she won't do the same thing when she goes on tour again. she hurt me. i would've never done that to her.

"good morning" elliot says as i enter the kitchen after finishing getting ready for school. "hey morning" i say with a smile, still feeling so awkward about having a brother that i don't even know. "can i take you to school?" he asks, which explains why he's up so early. mom and dad ended up sleeping in different beds last night because she was so angry with him.

"yeah sure" i say, grabbing a bottle of water and making sure i have everything before we leave. i sit in the front passenger seat of his car and text Q to tell him i don't need picking up anymore.
elliot drives down the road, the radio playing a little in the background. "i've always wanted a little sister you know" he says to me.

"i've always wanted a protective big brother as well to be fair" i say, glancing over at him noticing some matching features. "can you help me bring my stuff to the house when you finish school? i'll pick you up" he asks.

i nod, "of course i will yeah".
elliot pulls into the school car park and unlocks the doors for me to get out, i say goodbye to him and walk over to my friends who of course have to be chilling by billies car. "was that your brother?" isaac asks as i reach them. i nod.

"you look so alike" Q tells me and i laugh, "i'm not used to it yet, still a little weird" i admit.
we all walk to english piling in the classroom, i forgot i sit to billie in this class. i sit down and she takes the seat behind me, i lean my head on the wall beside me and sigh.

"did you sleep well?" she asks, breaking the silence. "oh, yeah, thanks" i say awkwardly. i glance over at eli who sticks his tongue out at me making me smile. billie let's out a loud sigh, "i guess you forgot about the conversation we had last night" she says.

i turn my head to look at her and frown, "billie i have a lot going on right now, my house is like a battlefield. i really don't need this right now" i say to her. "i'm here for you if you would let me, but your still mad about something i've apologised multiple times about" she tells me. i can see the frustration in her eyes.

"yes i'm still mad billie, because i would've never done that to you, you wouldn't even try" i explain, and then look away from her running my hand through my hair.

"i'm trying now, i want you so fucking bad and i have tried, i don't know what else i can possibly do to get you to give me another chance" she says to me, grabbing hold of my hand to try and get me to look at her. all of a sudden a loud alarm sounds and everyone panics and runs out of the classroom.

"fire alarm guys, everyone outside" the teacher says, i lazily stand up and walk out of the fire exit, standing beside billie and my friends. "oh wait shit there is an actual fire" elijah says, as we all see smoke coming from the building.

"everyone get away from the school and make your way home safely" the principle shouts to the crowd of people outside.

"great nobody's home and i didn't bring my key" i say. billie turns to me almost nervously, "come with me to my brothers house" she says. i mean i guess it would make more sense because he literally lives across the street from my house. i nod at her and follow behind to her car. she opens the door for me and stands there waiting while i hesitantly get inside. once she gets in the car she sighs loudly and starts the engine.

i rest my head on the window beside me and close my eyes , trying my best to destress myself. billie places her hand on my leg, rubbing it to try and comfort me, but i can tell she was nervous to touch me because of how gentle she's being. "are you ok?" she asks.

i reopen my eyes, "yeah i'm fine" i say. she takes her hand off me and plays with her hair for the rest of the journey.

once at finneas's house as both get out of the car and i walk slowly to the door. billie stops and waits for me, "you coming?" she asks, i look up and meet her eyes as i reach her. she looks exhausted and drained, pretty much how i feel right now. i take a deep breath and bring my arms around billie, hugging her tightly.

she instantly puts her arms round my waist and pulls me as close as she can to her. "why do you smell like finneas" i ask, she lets out a laugh. "i stayed at his house after being at your house last night and in the morning i couldn't find any perfume or whatever so had to use his" she explains to me.

"what about claudias" i ask laughing, "i was tired i didn't even think" she says. i let go of her and meet her eyes again, the front door opens from behind her. "what are you guys doing here, come in" finneas says, letting us inside.

"there's a fire at school, so they sent us home" billie explains to her brother. "oh it must of been bad then" he says.

we walk into the kitchen where claudia is finishing up some cookies that she is baking, she gives us both a little hug and continues what she is doing. "i just got this email" billie says, walking to me and standing beside me showing me her phone.

due to the fire and destruction of the school, we will be closed for the next 3 weeks to fix the damage created. all students will be sent work to do from home in the week.

"that's amazing" i say, but then stop myself when i realise that means staying with my arguing mom and dad for the next 3 weeks. i look out of the window, noticing them out there shouting at each other. elliot stood behind them rubbing his head looking stressed out as fuck.

"is your mom still mad?" billie asks appearing beside me, her arm rubbing against mine. i nod, continuing to watch them.

"shit" i mumble as i meet eyes with my mother, who spots me and billie through the window. she frowns her eyebrows and walks over to the house banging on the door. "well i'm about to be killed" i say.

"i think i'm the one that's going to be killed" billie says, rubbing my back with her hand. "yeah i don't suggest coming to the door" i say, walking over to where finneas is talking to my angry mom, but billie follows me anyway.

"alissa get home right now, your so like your father it is ridiculous, you never listen i told you to stay away from her" my mom yells and gives billie a death stare. "see you soon finneas" she says grabbing hold of my hand tightly and pulling me off the drive.

i prize my hand out of her grip and turn around seeing billie stood in the doorway looking disappointed. ignoring my mom completely, i walk back over to the blue haired girl and hug her tightly. "bye" i say, letting go and giving her a small smile.

"i'll call you or text you" she says, i nod and give her one last smile before walking back towards my house, my head down as i pass my mom.