ten

"wake up honey you'll be late for school" my mom says, stopping in her tracks as she sees me and billie in bed, tangled in each other. i didn't know she was back. billie sits up awkwardly smiling at her, she rolls her eyes and leaves the room. a few minutes later the door opens and my dad walks in, i haven't seen him in ages.

he gives me a huge smile and opens his arms for me. "dad!" i say jumping out of bed and hugging him. billie awkwardly walks up and shakes his hand. "hi billie" he says happily, he already met her once at finneas's house and is very welcoming unlike my mom.

"hi" she replies, bringing a smile to her plump lips. "nice to meet you darling, oh by the way ladies school is cancelled for the rest of the week, a hurricane is coming or something" he tells us and shows his phone showing the storm metre. It will apparently hit here in about 2 hours. this doesn't happen in LA very often.

"shit it looks bad" billie says widening her eyes and taking the phone to zoom in. "you better get home honey, dont want you to get caught in it, and we need to go out and get food incase we are stuck here for a while" my dad says poking my cheek.

"ill take you to the shop round the corner and then i can get some stuff too" billie tells us politely. we both nod and thank her. i grab some black jeans and a white long sleeved crop top out of my closet and quickly get dressed in the bathroom. i tie my long brown hair up into a pony tail and join the other two in the car, grabbing billie's hoodie as she walks out.

i sit in the front next to the drivers seat and my dads in the back. "this is an amazing car billie" my dad says with his southern accent. he was born around the texas area and moved here when i was born. he is also a huge fan of cars.

"thank you" billie replies, switching the engine watching my dads face light up at the sound of it.
"hey you left your hoodie" i say and try to give it to her. she looks at me intently and shakes her head. "keep it".

i smile at her and nod looking into her eyes as she smiles back. i pull the soft white hoodie over my head and immediately am warmed up. the soothing smell of billie surrounding me. billie watches me in amusement before driving out of my road. i study billie's face as she drives, concentrating hard. pretty sure she is trying to put a good impression on my dad. she definitely knows im staring as she smiles slightly and bites her lip. i look away quickly blushing.

we pull up at costco as its the closest between both of our houses and we can get quite a lot of stuff from here. my dad runs off to find all the stuff he needs and i stay with billie. she grabs 3 bags of takkis off the shelf making me laugh.
"what its essential" she says and pulls out her phone to check the list her mom sent her. billies face turns confused as she looks around not knowing where to find anything. i stand behind her and put my chin on her shoulder, looking at the list.

"where the fuck is this shit" she asks. i laugh and motion her to follow me. "this way idiot" i joke. she pushes her shopping kart behind me and purposely crashes into my legs pushing me slightly. i turn around and raise my eyebrows at her as she smirks. "wanna try that again" i say jokingly. she comes close to me standing inches away.

"what are you gonna do about it" she says staring into my eyes. i lean in close to her, making her think im about to kiss her. my lips brush on hers momentarily before i step away and walk off. she stands there stunned with her eyebrows frowning in frustration. "thats what im going to do" i say and smile at her. she shakes her head and bites her lip. i grab the stuff billie needs off the shelf and put them in her cart for her.

"thats everything" billie says and goes off to pay. i help her bag everything up and we meet my dad outside, everyone piles the bags into the trunk and sits back in the car.

"its getting cloudy and dark out there, we better get moving fast" my dad says and billie quickly drives out of the carpark back to my house. i put the radio on and widen my eyes when i hear ocean eyes playing. billie pulls a shocked expression and i grab onto her arm. it is just the local LA radio but who cares.

"dude this is you, there playing your song" i say turning it up. i get out my phone and start filming her singing along. we pull up to my house as the song ends. my dad thanks billie and tells her to get home safe, running inside with the bags as it starts raining.

"are you gonna be ok getting back?" i ask her and she smiles and nods. "im good baby" she says. i unclasp my seat belt and scoot closer to billie, putting my arms round her shoulders hugging her tightly. she puts her hands on my waist and starts rubbing comfortingly.

"see you friday" i say, letting go and getting out of the car, i pull the hood up of billies hoodie as i step into the pouring rain. i give her one last smile and shut the car door. she waits until i get inside before leaving. im surprised she didn't just stay at her brothers house.