fourteen

its sunday, probably the most boring day of the week. however finneas and claudia have asked me and my family to come over for dinner later. it is pretty common and we usually do it all the time as were close neighbours. i put on some blue jeans and a black shirt with a red ferrari jacket. i leave my makeup light and straighten my hair.

my mom hasn't really spoke to me since yesterday

my mom hasn't really spoke to me since yesterday. i got home dead on 7 and went straight to bed. my family decide to go over to their house early to see if they need any help. dad locks the door and walks beside me across the road. mom knocks on the door and claudia appears pretty quickly.

"hi" she says and gives my parents a hug, who head inside. claudia stops me at the door and widens her eyes. "billie and her parents are here, she's writing with finneas" she announces. fuck. she holds onto my hand and leads me into the house. inside the living room seats maggie and patrick who are talking to my parents. i really hope they have been filled in on what is going on.

"hi honey" maggie says, standing up and hugging me tightly placing a kiss on my head. "im here for you and i will always be so thankful for the way you treat billie" she whispers into my ear so only i will be able to hear it. i smile. why isn't my mom like maggie.

"i love your jacket dude" claudia says holding onto my arm, feeling the material. suddenly i hear her. finneas and billie coming closer, both of them laughing hysterically at something. my mom looks at me and raises her eyebrow. claudia squeezes my arm letting me know its ok. they walk into the room and stop in their tracks, seeing us all. billie lays her eyes on me and bites her lip in nervousness.

"is that the time already, i didn't even realise. guys my family are staying for dinner too" finneas says. he heads over to me and gives me a warm hug followed by my parents. i dont know what to do. should i ignore billie, do i go over to her. what will my mom do.

before i even have time to debate my actions billie is already in front of me. "hey beautiful" she says quietly and wraps her warm arms around my exposed waist underneath my jacket. i hesitantly bring my arms around her neck and relax as soon as her calming scent hits my nose and she begins rubbing my skin lightly.

i let go and look at her, she smiles at me lightly before my dad comes over. "hi billie" he says shaking her hand. "hi" she replies and stands beside me. i notice my mom giving her a dirty look making me sigh loudly.

billie rubs my back and worms her hand under my jacket again, resting it naturally on my hip. her warmth hitting my skin. "so we haven't actually had time to make anything, but my mom picked up loads of food from a vegan restaurant and were just giving it a twist" claudia says and goes to the kitchen with finneas. i walk away from billie announcing that i am going to the bathroom, heading upstairs.

carefully i open the bathroom door and step inside, trying to re shut the door again but it is blocked by a hand. billie. she follows me inside and locks the door behind her. grabbing onto my waist she pushes my against the sink and presses her body onto mine.

"hi baby" she says quietly. i bite my lip and put my hand gently on her chin, bringing her face closer to me. my lips press onto hers lightly at first, but billie brings her hand up to the back of my neck and pulls me further into her.

i break the kiss and rest my forehead on hers.

"ok i really do need to use the bathroom so get out" i say with a small laugh. she smiles and kisses me again before leaving. i head back downstairs to see everyone sat around the table, i smile and take the empty seat between claudia and my mom. billie is opposite me next to her parents.

finneas hands out plates to all of us and lets us dig in. "so what have you and billie been working on in the studio" my dad asks, genuinely interested. i take a bite of my food waiting for the response. "we were just working on planning a tour setlist and everything, seeing what songs work and if we need to bring out more" billie answers politely, before taking a sip of her water.

"when is your tour?" my mom unexpectedly questions. i turn my head to look at her confused.
"the end of january, for 3 months" finneas answers excitedly. he has wanted this forever.

"what about school billie?" i question, joining the conversation. she makes eye contact with me and smiles. "i meant to tell you, i've been talking to the principal and he is letting me drop out of school and do music" she says. wait so i'm alone now. i nod and let a small frown appear on my face. i also didn't realise tour was 3 months. 3 whole months without billie.

after food i help claudia and finneas clean up everything whilst everyone else picks some things to watch on tv. that means billie is alone in there with my parents and i'm kind of nervous. billie enters the kitchen as soon as her brother and claudia leaves.

"are you mad at me?"she asks, putting her hands on my hips. i smile and shake my head. "no i'm not mad at you bil" i tell her and she nods.

"your mom spoke to me, she said that we can date, but if i fuck up once she will never let you near me ever again" billie says, trying to stop herself from laughing but fails.

"better not fuck up then bil" i say and stick my tongue out.

"can you stay with me tonight, i want you to be there when i wake up on my birthday" she asks.  i nod and wrap my arms round her shoulders, hugging her.