seven

Alissa's PoV

"where the fuck is Billie" i ask Q as we walk around the school halls, it's monday morning the worst day of the week and almost lesson time. usually billie is the first here and picks up everyone but she never showed up, no text no nothing. "i dont know, text me if she shows up in english, see you later man" Q says and walks away to his class.

i enter the English room and there billie is, hood up leaning against the wall, staring down at her hands. her eyes are all puffy like she had been crying and her face sort of red, she looks drained.

billies outfit^^^

billies outfit^^^

i take my seat next to her and give her a concerned smile. "hey" i say. she mumbles a quick 'hi', staring at the wall in front of her, something is definitely up with her. i put my hand on her cheek and move her head so she is looking at me. i stare at her a while as she makes eye contact with me.

"why have you been crying bil, what's wrong?" i ask. she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath for a moment before looking at me again. her hand takes hold of my own that is resting on her cheek and places it down onto the table. "i dont want to talk, i'm sorry" she says, looking away, leaning her head back on the wall next to her.

i text Q quickly.

'hey, billie is here but theres something up. she's been crying'

the teacher begins the lesson and i put my phone away.

/
billie didn't talk to me the entire lesson, even when we had to work in pairs. this isn't like her, i just hope she is ok. it's lunch, we are sat outside on a big field near the football pitch. Q looks at billie with a worried look as she messes with her rings. i have a free period with her next, but she probably wont speak to me. i wish she would open up but thats not billie.

she goes onto her phone texting someone and then scrolling through twitter. her eyebrows turned into frowns and i swear i saw her tear up. after a while of awkward silence Q leaves and billie and i head to the music room to chill. she looks around and picks up a ukulele, playing it for a second before throwing it onto the ground and standing up with her head in her hands.

"billie" i say standing up, walking to her. i put my hands on her shoulder trying to get her to look at me, which she doesn't. shaking my head i wrap my arms around her shoulders protectively. she hesitates for a while, but brings her own around my waist. "i wish you would open up to me bil" i whisper into her neck.

"i just... i just cant seem to ever be fucking happy" she says quietly, her voice breaking. my heart shatters into pieces, hearing the hurt and pain in her voice. i don't know what the hell to do. i know she is on the verge of crying but is trying to hold it in. she keeps her grip around my waist tight, not wanting to let go.