Chapter 12.

Enjoy and share your thoughts!

_________________

The last week has been absolute torture waiting for jack to get back. He told me he'll be back tomorrow so I have to wait another day to tell him even though we've been texting every so often. He went from Louisville to la for a couple days now I'm not so patiently waiting for him.

"Ayo are you ready?" Rose asks. "Yeah let's go" I reply grabbing my keys and purse. The two of us go down to Rose's car, we're meeting megan and matilda for lunch. Megan wanted to hangout outside of the studio and told me to bring my friends, Matilda is meeting us there since she still has work after.

Rose drives and I look out the window nodding along to the music quietly playing. "Do you miss Jack?" She asks. "Yeah" I answer honestly. "He's back tomorrow right?" She asks. "Yeah hopefully" I reply. "You spending the night at his?" She asks. "Yeah maybe" I lie.

I'm actually not even sure it's going to depend on his responds to me expressing how I feel about him. "You've been together two months, you've not said I love you to each other and you haven't had sex, what's going on? Is this whole thing fake?" She asks looking between me and the road. "You can not say a word to anyone, only megan, dru and Chris know but yes its fake" I confess. "Abigail what the fuck" she replies.

She looks at me when we're stopped "spill everything now" she says. "When it started I only thought of him as a friend and then we started kissing more and even cuddled to fall asleep, now it kinda feels real and like we're together and I think I love him, no I know I love him" I say letting everything out about the last few weeks.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asks. "Yeah when he's back" I answer. "Ahh ok and if he doesnt feel the same do I prepare the breakup kit?" She asks. "Breakup kit?" I ask. "Wine, chocolate and many many pints of ben and Jerry's ice cream" she says. "Um yeah that might be needed" I reply. "I don't think it'll be needed but I'll get it anyways" she says.

I raise my eyebrows "what makes you say that?" I ask. She smiles "the way he looks at you can not be faked and he has been flirting with you since you met he definitely feels the same" she answers. I remember the photo from the lunch and she's right "it would hurt if he doesn't" I say looking at my hands.

We get to the restaurant before she could talk some sense into me and both megan and matilda are waiting outside already sitting on the patio talking. "Hey girlies" Megan says as I get to the table. "Hey, I see you've met matilda" I say sitting across from her. "Yeah, she's dope" she says. "Soooo jack is back tomorrow how are you feeling about that?" Megan asks. "I've missed him so much I just want to see his face again" I answer. "Are you going to fuck already?" Matilda asks. "I'm not telling you" I reply.

She rolls her eyes "meanie" she whispers before we move onto something else. "I'm throwing a release party tomorrow night and would love if you three came, bring your partners and just have fun" megan says inviting us. "Oh my god of course we'll come" rose says. "Oh 100 percent but I'll be coming solo" matilda says. "That's ok" megan says.

Before I could speak I feel hands on my shoulders "who ever you are better be my boyfriend" I say before turning my head to see a smiling jack. "Surprise" he says. I instantly stand up pulling him in for a hug. "I've missed you so fucking much" I whisper squeezing him. He squeezes me back "I've missed you too" he whispers. I pull away slightly to look at him and he smiles before pecking my lips. "What are we talking about ladies?" He asks.

Instead of pulling up a chair he sits me on his lap joining the conversation about the release party tomorrow. "Yeah I'll definitely come, you did this one with abi right?" He asks. "Yeah we cowrote it" megan answers. While she's talking I feel the hair on my shoulder move and Jack's breath on the back of my neck.