Chapter 37.

enjoy it's a long one
_______________________

I pace around Jack's kitchen while rose, Matilda and kennedy are cutting stuff up for a cheese board and jack is picking his family up from their hotel. They've been here a couple of days but I've been in the studio so I haven't gotten to see them.

Today I'm 14 and a half weeks along and the bump has grown a tiny bit which means we are telling our families. "Dude why are you pacing around?" Matilda asks. "Just nerves" I answer biting my finger nails. "Why are we all at Jack's?" Kennedy asks. "You'll know very soon" I answer.

"You haven't told your own sister?" Rose asks. Kennedy whips her head and looks at rose "tell me what? I wanna know" she pouts. I scratch the back of my neck nervously before looking over at the living room, benji and our dad watching tv "ok fine come with me" I reply.

She follows me to the bathroom and I grab one of the tests I gave to jack. "I'm pregnant" I say showing her. "I knew it, how far?" She asks. "14 weeks and 3 days" I answer. "So that's why you havent been to many family dinners lately? And why you're civil with jack?" She asks.

Laughing I nod "yeah, I should've told you sooner it killed me not to tell you last week" I reply. "Its okay, I know you wanted to be sure" she says understandingly. "That and time for just us to know" I say. "True, do you know what you're having yet?" She asks.

I nod "I do" I smile. "Are you going to tell us today?" She asks. I shake my head smirking "nope" I answer. She groans and we go back to the kitchen "why not?" She asks. "You'll know soon" I answer.

My dad comes in while we're quietly talking about it "what are my girls talking about?" He asks. "Nothing dad, do you need anything?" I ask him. "Just came to steal cheese" he says taking a piece of cheese before leaving. "Jack should be back soon" I tell them.

A few seconds later the front door opens, in comes his parents and brother. "Abigail its lovely to see you again" his mom says hugging me. "Its so nice to see you" I whisper back. I give his dad a side hug and his brother a high five. "Dad this is jack's mom maggie and his dad brian" I introduce them.

"And my older brother benji, and my younger sister Kennedy" I add. After getting situated in the living room and bringing out the cheese board, veggie platter and other snacks everyone looks over at us. "So? What's the reasoning of us all being here?" My dad asks. I look over at jack nervously and he gently holds my hand and squeezes it.

A few of them look at our hands and raise their eyebrows. "Well?" Benji asks. "Uh so a couple people here already know they're just here for the snacks, over the last few weeks we've been hiding something" I start. "Oh?" Maggie says.

Jack pulls the most recent ultra sound photo from out of his pocket "we also wanted to tell you as a group" he says. "In 6 short months we're welcoming a beautiful baby" I add as he hands his parents and my family each a photo. "Oh my goodness that's amazing" maggie smiles excitedly.

She stands up and hugs us both "first grandbaby" she says. My dad quietly stands up and comes over hugging me "congratulations" he whispers. "Thank you dad" I whisper back. "Wish your mom was here for this" he says. And here come the tears "me too" I whisper wiping my cheek.

I glance over at kennedy and she's also wiping tears from her eyes. "Dad whyd you have to say that now they're crying" benji says. "Its ok benji, she is missing this" I reply. "Wait what happened to your mom?" Maggie asks. Oh. "She passed when I was 4" I answer.

"Oh gosh I am so sorry" she says with a hand on her chest. "I hope I can be as good of a mom as you are and she was" I reply. She smiles "you're going to be a great mom" she replies.