Chapter 38

Ahhhhhhhhh share your thoughts
________________________

The last week and a half has gone by so insanely fast and I'm now 16 weeks along. We havent talked about our kiss that happened so it's been a tad awkward between us but today I am telling him how I feel since my feelings have stayed and even intensified.

But for now Jack and I are on our way to the 16 week appointment, today we're getting the sex confirmed so hopefully the at home test we did was right and we didn't tell everyone the wrong answer.

"So how is the packing going?" He asks looking over at me. "Good I'm almost done" I answer. "Does that mean you'll be moved in today or tomorrow?" He asks. "Mmmmm how does today sound?" I ask. His eyes widen in excitement "really?" He asks. I nod "yeah, I've only got a couple things to pack" I answer.

He smiles excitedly and squeezes my hand kissing the back of it "I could kiss you" he says. My heart thumps and I smile looking down at my lap "not right now" I whisper quietly. "What was that?" He asks. "Nothing" I answer.

We move on and get to the doctors office the secretary taking us to the room immediately "she'll be with you in just a couple of minutes" she let's us know. "Thank you" I reply as she's closing the door.

Jack sits on the stool beside me and I rest my hands on the growing bump. "She's making me look like a whale" I say thinking out loud. "You do not look like a whale" he replies resting his hand on top of mine. "You don't have to lie" I respond looking at him. He gasps "I'm not lying" he says. "Ok well I may not look like a whale but i feel like one" i say rubbing the bump.

Before he could say anything the doctor comes in "how are the parents to be doing today?" She asks. "Good" we answer at the same time. "So I'm just going to measure and make sure everything is ok annnnd I can confirm the sex for you as well" she says grabbing the ultra sound machine.

I nod and pull up the shirt showing off the bump "I grew over night" I comment. "That happens" she says. "How often?" I ask somewhat jokingly. She laughs "every couple weeks" she answers. "Great" I answer sarcastically.

She starts measuring the body "and you're drinking lots of water?" She asks. I nod "sure am" I confirm. "Good good" she says. "So what did the test say?" She asks. "Girl" I answer. "Annnnd it seemed to be correct, you are definitely having a girl" she says with a smile.

"Thank god we already told our close ones were having a girl" jack says. "How was that?" She asks handing me a towel to wipe the gel off. "It was good, we invited a bunch of our friends and our families and had cupcakes" I answer with a smile. "Cute" she says smiling.

She puts the machine away and prints more photos for us "here you go, I want to send you for some tests just to make sure you don't have gestational diabetes since it is common with girls" she says. "I'll make sure she gets them done" jack says. "He's a good man Abigail, you should keep him" she tells me.

My heart flutters and I nod "good idea" I reply quietly. "So before the 20 week appointment please get those tests done" she says. I nod and sit up "I will do that" I reply.

After I book the next appointment and I get the numbers to book for the tests we leave and disguise ourselves until we're in the car. "What did you say when she told you to keep me?" He asks before starting the car.

I look down at my lap and bite the inside of my lip thinking of what to say "um I uh I said good idea" I answer honestly. "Did you mean that?" He asks. "Can we talk about this later? Yknow after I've moved in" I ask looking at him.

He nods and sits back "yeah let's go finish packing" he says then starts driving back to the apartment. I grab my phone and check for any texts.

Rose: hows the appointment? Have you told him yet?