Chapter 14

"Jack. Come on. We are going to be late." I screamed, down the hallway.

"I'm coming." I heard a scream from Jack as he started to wheel his suitcases out my guest room.

"Come on then." I said as he walked past me. I got out my key and locked the front door. We quickly rushed downstairs towards my car which we then loaded up with our suitcases.

I turned the radio on, and started to drive.

"You excited?" Jack asked me.

"Of course I am. My home town, just a shame the footballs not on to be fair." I laughed.

"You might get to see the players again tho, some will be training."

"Yeah, that's true. I'm going to take Jesse and Marcus to have a Parmo. They are gonna love it."

"You just need to focus on your dad. Make sure everything is alright with you both."

"Yeah, I will. Don't worry. That's my main priority." I said as we pulled up to London Heathrow.

We got our bags checked in, then went through security. The queue was long and took us around an hour and a half. When we walked through luckily nothing had gone off and we were free to just walk straight through. After walking around for 10 mins, we got to a bar where me and Jack ordered a beer.

"It's 5 o'clock somewhere." I shrugged as I lifted my glass in the air to collide with his. "Cheers," I said as they clinked together.

"Cheers." He replied, before taking a swig of it.

Me and Jack ended up having 4 beers each, as well as a few shots of different things, like tequila. We ended up quite tipsy by the end of it.

We were sat for about an hour before our gate was called and we got straight on the plane. The seats were in rows of 3, and me and Jack were sat in the window and middle seat and waited for someone to come and sit next to us.

About 20 minutes before the plane took off, a child came and sat next to us. I didn't say anything to him, and I wasn't going to until he spoke first. I don't want anyone realising who I am, or who Jack is.

"Jack, I'm not liking this." I said to him, getting a bit worried now the plane started taxing.

"That's why I got you drunk, calm your nerves." He replied grinning.

"Not a perfect idea, still nervous."

"Oh." He replied, then put his AirPods in.

The entire way through takeoff I was panicking, but then the woman with the trolley came round and asked if we wanted anything to drink.

"4 vodkas, and 2 cans of coke." He smiled at her and handed her some money.

"Here you go," she said, handing the drinks over to Jack.

Jack opened the tiny vodka bottle and handed it to me.

"Go on, down it." He said forcefully.

"Alright." I agreed. I quickly shotted it and watched him shot one as well.

"Are you not supposed to stay sober?" I asked him.

"You what?" He answered back.

"Your supposed to be sober, not supposed to turn up to the England camp drunk." I laughed.

"Oh no, I'm not." He laughed back. "Oh god. You've got to tell Emily it was your fault."

"Okay, but I don't think they will believe me." I said laughing again.

About 30 minutes into the journey, the little boy sat next to Jack tapped him on the shoulder. When we turned around, he had a camera pointed at us.

"Alright, what do you want?" Jack asked, with many voice cracks in between his words.

"Do something funny for tik tok." He replied.

Jack quickly turned back around and carried on talking to me.

"Oi, bro, why aren't you saying anything for your fans." He asked.

Usually I'm quite nice to fans that ask for a photo, or want to have a quick chat, however, when they are rude and I'm drunk, I cannot even try to tolerate it.

"Hey, kid. If you want to take a photo with us or have a nice chat to us, that's fine. But don't waft your phones in our faces, trying to get a reaction out of us so you can get a viral tik tok. Okay?" I said and turned back towards Jack once again. I knew it was so obvious that we were drunk, but it didn't matter, I was just pissed off.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"Course, now more vodka?" I asked.