||2||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
☎️The Call☎️
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Charlotte sprinted over to the train platform, where the crowd stood in anticipation of the train. She spotted two siblings waving to her, instantaneously brightening her day.

"Thanks for accompanying me today, both of you," she smiled, her chest feeling lighter after a hard session, "I was anxious to go through this alone."

"It's not an issue at all, Char," Edmund sent her a bright smile, "we're always here for you."

"So how did it go?" Lucy questioned.

"It was alright, I suppose," Charlotte shrugged, "actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The therapist was sort of... Understanding, and I don't feel like a loony."

Though Edmund and Lucy kept her company in school, Charlotte missed her interactions with their older siblings.

"Funny thing is, my aunt was required to attend this first session with me, it was supposed to be a family session, "she continued with an eye roll, "but of course, she couldn't make it."

"I'm really sorry your aunt did that to you," Edmund examined her expression beside him as they boarded the train, "you're no lunatic at all. As a matter of fact, if you were, then we'd all have to see a psychiatrist."

Every time Edmund stood supportively by her side, his support warmed the cockles of her heart. She beamed at him, uttering words of gratitude.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

"She mentioned something," Charlotte continued telling her stories as they alighted from the train, "that there could be a reason why my aunt's acting so distant."

"Maybe she's outgrown Narnia," Lucy suggested sadly on Edmund's other side, "even Susan almost let go of it before we were summoned back there."

"But how can you forget such a magical place like Narnia? It isn't anything like Earth at all," Charlotte moved in their path, halting them in their tracks, "when you're in Narnia, you never want to leave."

Lucy nodded in agreement.

"I haven't got the foggiest idea," Edmund lifted his shoulders, failing to conceal his vexation behind a sigh, "but, perhaps, it's just not her."

Charlotte fell silent, almost out of rebuttals. But she had a disdain for that theory. It had to be Aunt Jill. Then again, if the child were her aunt, why would her mother omit Aunt Jill's presence out of their adventures?

"Well, looks like it's back to our aunt and uncle too," Lucy huffed a sigh, bringing Charlotte back to reality, "they aren't very fond of us either."

"And we aren't fond of them," Edmund added.

Charlotte frowned at the two siblings, clueless to their allusion. She tilted her head. Last she heard, they were living well in a perfect nuclear family. She struggled to make sense of their relatives' relevance.

"We've been living with our cousin these days," Edmund explained with a groan, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, you have a cousin?"