||15||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🫥Invisible Forces🫥
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

At the crack of dawn, as the whole crew was spread out in a slumber, footsteps thudded silently across the smooth grass past their heads. Lucy's book was flipped open, before a raspy voice whispered.

"This one reads."

Instantly, Lucy gained consciousness the moment she was lifted into the air. Then, she bounced with the winds, stripped of her autonomous movement. Her eyes widened at the shock of her state and her hands flew to her mouth in a desperate attempt to scream for help.

"Oi, watch it—" Charlotte awoke to a knock to her head, feeling a sharp pain spreading through her thick skull.

She then noticed Lucy being hurled away by some sort of humongous gust of wind, or some kind of invisible force. She got up instantly, about to alarm the rest. Only, she felt a pressure to her mouth, like a serial killer holding their hands over her lips. She was silenced and felt herself being lifted instantly, suffering the same fate as Lucy.

Her legs were paralysed and her hands flew to the invisible force that held her voice back. She tugged at it, drowning in her attempts to liberate herself. Before she could process it, she was flung onto the ground before Lucy, far away from their group.

"Charlotte!" Lucy aided her to her feet.

Lucy swiftly fished out her dagger, but before she could strike, it was slapped out of her hands. She raced towards it, only to witness her dagger being flung away once more and a force restraining her hand.

"Oi, why'd you bring another one?!" They heard a rough echo, followed by some shoving sounds.

"I knocked her!" A high pitched voice followed after with a nervous grunt. "She woke up! Couldn't leave behind any witnesses, could we?"

Lucy and Charlotte darted their eyes from all corners, horrified at the invisible source of voices.

"You fool!"

"Who's there?" Charlotte drew her sword, only to have it swiped out of her palm.

Before she could process it, she was lifted into the air once more.

"Lucy, make a run for it!"

"Let her go!" Lucy stomped her foot harshly with clenched fists, ready to box the air around her if she had to resort to hand combat. "Show yourselves, cowards!"

"There is no escape." A deep, growling voice boomed from thin air, with some softer voices of a higher pitch trailing behind it.

"Well put."

"Scary."

"What are you?" Lucy demanded as her chest rose and fell in a mix of rage and fear.

"We are terrifying invisible beasts."

"If you could see us, you would be really intimidated."

The other voices murmured in agreement.

"You forgot to mention that we're very large!"