||26||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🙏Fighting Together🙏
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Edmund grunted as he hoisted himself at the very top of the sail. He watched the serpent, positioning himself to strike. Then, a familiar beguiling voice sent chills down his spine. His face paled and his throat blobbed with fear. He paused in his tracks, his eyes landing on the White Witch.

"What are you trying to prove, Edmund?" She shook her head in disapproval. "That you're a man? Worthy of respect?"

Meanwhile, Caspian skimmed through his crew members positioned with their weapons as they locked their target. "Ready? Now!"

The whole crew released their harpoons into the air, penetrating the serpent's abdomen with accurate aims.

"Pull its head down! Lead it to His Majesty up there!" Caspian gestured towards the Just King.

The crew hurled their weapons at Caspian's orders, driving the serpent towards the sail. The creature initially adhered to their targeted direction, but it was a task easier said than done. It retaliated with an explosive dive into the crowd, knocking them all over the vessel.

Charlotte crashed into a stack of crates, groaning as her palm flew to the side of her head where agony spread through her thick skull. Her eyes flew to Edmund, immediately noticing his diverted attention. He barely took notice of the havoc, before he was shortly engulfed by a cloud of green mists which concealed him from her view.

"No," she murmured to herself, turning to Caspian, "I'm going to help Edmund!"

Before Caspian even responded, she tossed her crossbow to him, and took off. Caspian stumbled as he caught her weapon, immediately leveraging on it in aiming at the creature.

"Charlotte, be careful!" Lucy warned while preparing her bow and arrows alongside Caspian as Charlotte grasped the ropes and began her ascent.

"I can make you that, I can make you my King," Jadis extended her hand towards Edmund.

"Ed, can you hear me?!"

"I'll make my subjects respect you..."

"I'm coming, Ed! Hold on!"

"Just take my hand..."

Edmund shut his eyes, blindfolding his sight against the witch's face, which brought him to his senses. He reminded himself that he was no longer a young victim of this puppeteer but an empowered Just King. He then glared at the entity for the very last time, fiercely pointing his sword towards her.

"No, Jadis," he finally asserted, "you hold no power over me, and I will no longer live in fear of you. I respect myself too much to ever fall for your trickery again."

Jadis retreated her hand, silent at his assertion. Then, her sinister smile returned, unfazed by his claims. "Then I shall tempt the one who is your weakness."

Before he could process her words, Charlotte's voice soared through the skies. "Edmund!"

"Charlotte, you fool!" He caught a glimpse of her ascending to his level, and reached his hand out to pull her to safety. "I told you to stay with Cass!"