||23||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🗣️Pep Talks🗣️
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Charlotte was visibly in a low mood when she sauntered past Eustace who anticipated a climb on his back for another flight adventure. A frown sat on his dragon eyes, and he noticed Edmund halting in his tracks beside him, staring at her. He exhaled loudly, grabbing Edmund's attention. Edmund shifted his focus to the dragon, who had a seemingly perplexed expression. Eustace gestured towards the girl with his head, prompting an elucidation out of Edmund.

"I made a mistake, and said some things that didn't sit well with her, cousin."

Eustace growled in response, as steam released from his nostrils. Edmund drowned in remorse at his impetuous words, despite his objective analysis of her state. "I know, we'll talk again soon, she just needs some time to herself."

He wiped the sweat off his palms using his thumbs, mustering up his courage within for what he was about to do.

"Listen, Eustace," Edmund nervously turned to his cousin, "I know we haven't gotten along at all, but... Argh, this is so hard for me to say... Look, I know that I haven't been nice to you because of your rotten attitude — now, hold on, don't give me that look — but I must admit, you had me worried when I found your clothes, thinking that you'd gone for good."

Eustace, who had been fuming at him with flared nostrils, fell silent, almost shocked at his final words. His nostrils shrunk, exhaling lesser steam. His frown vanished, as his features poked with perplexity.

"Seems unlikely, doesn't it?" Edmund suggested with a scrunched nose, unconvinced himself. "I thought I'd never see you grow up, or have a laugh about our nasty relationship when we've grown into men, something of the sort."

Eustace tilted his head quizzically, unaccustomed to a reticent Edmund engaging in a deep conversation with him. His ears were frozen in place, possibly deceiving his sense of hearing at his cousin's words.

"We're heading to Dark Island to retrieve the final sword, you remember what Professor Coriakin shared, don't you? The Blue Star informed us that the dagger of Queen Jillian should be laid on all seven of them to break the spell," Edmund recapped, "we could really use your help on this one, cousin. You're a dragon, you'd be able to help us find it, wouldn't you?"

Eustace blinked in astonishment. After all, Edmund had never been keen to involve him in their quest. He then gave a noble nod, assuring Edmund of his loyalties.

"For what it's worth, I actually considered training you," Edmund snorted at the fatuous thought, "that is, if you hadn't turned into a fire-breathing creature — I'm not complaining, though — that's way more advantageous."

Eustace let out a hearty laugh at his comment, nodding his head along, before silence surfaced again between the two. Edmund could not help but imagine if their conversation would be any different as to interacting with him as a human. He yearned to know his cousin's thoughts on the bizarre conversation between them.

"We won't rest until we find a way to change you back, I promise," Edmund patted his scaly arm, "and... The silence is killing me, so I'll just quit talking—"

He was abruptly interrupted when Eustace's scaly tail slid him closer. Eustace's arms encased him cautiously, his neck circling around the tiny human. Edmund was at a loss for words, processing the embrace that he was trapped in. He sheepishly patted the dragon, somewhat relieved of their feud ceasing.