||22||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🏝️Aslan's Table🏝️
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Once the ship anchored at Ramandu's Island, the ship crew wasted no time in preparing the boats. Eustace soared ahead of them with his shadow looming over their heads, eager to take rest on shore after an exhausting journey. On his back sat Lucy, Charlotte and Reepicheep, leaving a vexed Edmund behind to row boats with Caspian.

Nonetheless, Edmund was satisfied that the dragon ride had lifted Charlotte's mood from their heavy conversation earlier, hearing her joyous laughter above. When he arrived, the girls simply giggled to themselves.

"Thank you, Eustace, you're so thoughtful," Charlotte gently stroked his scaly snout, snorting at Edmund's unamused frown.

Eustace growled in a hearty manner as he nodded, a smile accompanying his dragon features. Edmund could tell his young cousin enjoyed gaining some attention from his favourite Queen, just to spite him.

"You'd think he'd ferry his own cousin over," Edmund remarked resentfully with an eye roll.

"You might get a lift if you play nice with him," Lucy suggested.

"I saved his life from you lot, even when Charlotte was ready to strike him, I consider that being nice," he shrugged, switching on his torch before they headed into the darkness.

They followed Edmund's lead, treading past the ancient infrastructures of Ramandu's Island that seemed uninhabited for centuries. Vines decorated the grounds and entwined around raven statues like hair, and leaves were planted all over the grounds.

Eventually, they encountered a large table, filled with an abundance of fruit, meat, and bread. Immediately upon its glorious sight, their mouths began to water, and their minds recalled their starvation after an exhausting voyage.

"Foood..." Tavros was enchanted by the buffet laid before him, rushing forward to grab an apple.

"Wait." Drinian ordered sternly.

The Kings and Queens circled around the table for a closer inspection. They approached the end of the table, analysing the perfection of every dish and cutlery laid out.

Edmund turned his torch a slight left, only for its light to shine upon a corpse sitting at the table's end. It was trapped in thousands of vines, almost shielding its physique. He gasped and stretched out his sword, grabbing the attention of others.

His torch waved in all sorts of directions, before he realised that two other corpses sat with the first body. Upon noticing the lifeless bodies, everyone else followed suit, positioning their swords readily. Caspian leaned forward, noticing their accessories.

"Lord Revilian, Lord Mavramorn, Lord Argoz..." Caspian deduced their identities.

Lucy pushed strands of hair out of Lord Argoz's face, only to withdraw her hand with a gasp. Caspian heard a faint sound emitting from the frozen lord, and frowned in perplexity as he leaned in for a closer examination.

"He's breathing," he noted, appalled by their circumstances.

"So are they..." Edmund added on, shining his torch on each Lord respectively.