||9||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
👻Ghost Town👻
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

"The Lone Islands." Drinian fixed his gaze on the land sitting on the horizon, "the port of Narrowhaven."

Drinian, Caspian, and Edmund stood on the higher deck of the ship onlooking the horizon where land sat. Caspian examined the land of Doorne through a telescope in search of anything out of the ordinary.

"Strange," Caspian commented as he handed the device to Drinian, "not a Narnian flag in sight."

Drinian handed the Just King the telescope for him to check for any blind spots.

"But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's," Edmund protested, as he peered through it for a closer examination. "Not a single citizen in sight either."

"Seems suspicious." Drinian agreed.

"I say we prepare a landing party," Edmund suggested as he cued the man beside him, "Drinian?"

"Forgive me, your Majesty," Drinian began sheepishly, "but the chain of command starts with King Caspian on this ship."

Edmund's features were frozen as he concealed his embarrassment. "Right."

"We'll use longboats," Caspian announced, "Drinian, pick some men and come ashore."

He sent Drinian and Tavros to relay his instructions. Edmund was left out of place as he handed the telescope back to Drinian. He rested his palms over the wooden taffrail, exhaling a sigh as he observed the land with squinted eyes.

Charlotte planted herself beside the Just King and nudged him gently. He met her gaze fleetingly before his head dropped low in disappointment.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Just a tad worried about you," she focused her gaze on the crestfallen king, "I saw what happened."

"I'm fine, Char, really," Edmund insisted gently as he patted her shoulder. "It's only fitting, he is captain of the ship after all. Now, let's get to work."

"Aye, High King Edmund," she smiled, which was contagious to him.

He broke into a grin and whispered his gratitude towards her. As she assisted the crewmen in unloading the boats, he could not help but wonder.

What would he do without her support?

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

When they sailed towards the shore, Reepicheep constantly scurried around the edges of the boat as the adrenaline rushed through him.

"Onward!" Reepicheep urged the crew. "The thrill of the unknown lies ahead."

"Couldn't this have waited til' the morning?" A voice complained which everyone groaned in response to.

Reepicheep halted on the steps, mildly offended. He turned to Eustace, whose shoulders were slumped, and his features were coated in boredom.