||16||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🔮Unfolding Mysteries🔮
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Charlotte and Lucy accompanied Coriakin down the stairs in a hurry. The doors of the mansion swung, revealing the crew members of the Dawn Treader, all scattered about. They were accompanied by human-like creatures hopping on one foot amongst them.

These creatures were like dwarves with hairy beards, except they stood tall on only one foot. They carried wooden clubs like cavemen, all of them having displeasure plastered all over their faces at the professor. Upon noticing the professor's presence, they all jumped about in a frenzy, some of them jabbing fingers in his direction.

"It's him!"

"The oppressor!"

"Caspian! Edmund!" Charlotte called out in delight, sending a wave.

"Lucy! Charlotte!" Edmund rejoiced seeing them. "There you are! You had us worried sick, I tell you."

"Your Majesty," Coriakin greeted him with a bow, his hand laid across his chest.

"Caspian and Edmund," Lucy introduced the gentlemen. "This is Coriakin, it's his island."

The two boys bowed in respect, not long before voices protested against Lucy's claims.

"That's what he thinks!"

"You have wronged us, magician!"

Everyone's heads whipped towards the direction of the dwarf variants. The professor came forward, seemingly to defuse the tension between them.

"I have not wronged you," he said calmly, "I made you invisible for your own protection."

They took umbrage to his response, groaning and grumbling in vexation as they hopped about.

"Protection?!"

"That's oppressive!"

"Oppressor!"

"I have not oppressed you." He corrected them, taking a few steps towards the creatures.

"But you could've! If you wanted to."

"Begone!" He ordered, splattering dust all over them.

"It's a spell!" They bounced about in a frenzy, trying to rid themselves of the dust.

"What's that?" Lucy enquired.

Coriakin leaned forward with a calm, collected composure. "Lint. But don't tell them that."

The crew watched as they continued to shake themselves off, jumping like grasshoppers, and colliding into each other under a placebo effect. They skipped past Eustace, tossing each other over their heads.

"What were those things?" He questioned, baffled by their unconventional appearance.

"Dufflepuds." Coriakin glossed over his query, like it was elementary trivia.