||20||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🌠Dusk Till Dawn🌠
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Everyone stared at the dragon in a semicircular formation, pondering over their setback. Drinian exchanged glances with Tavros, Gael met eyes with Rhince who held her close to him, and Reepicheep fiddled with his paws in remorse for injuring the poor dragon earlier.

The royals themselves were in the midst of processing Edmund's revelation. Caspian had his fist rested on his lip, Lucy sighed to herself while shaking her head, and Charlotte stood in disbelief, analysing the creature with crossed arms. Edmund toggled his vision between them, anticipating their comments.

"So that's— That's Eustace?" Charlotte clarified, gesturing towards the dragon in denial.

Her query sent Edmund into complete vexation. After all, he had been confirming Eustace's identity in several attempts to protect the boy from their deadly attacks. He raised his palms to the sides of his head, almost ready to tear his hair out. Then, he gestured towards his cousin in a frantic manner.

"I'm tellin' you lot, it's him!" His tone wavered up and down in exasperation.

"Alright, we get it, calm down, but..." Lucy waved her palm forward gently, "how did this happen?"

Edmund was lost, uncertain how to answer her question. It just dawned on him that he, too, knew not how Eustace transformed into a scaly creature.

"He must've been tempted by the treasure," he suggested, seeking validation from the rest of the group, "Caspian and I found his clothes amidst a pile of buried treasure."

"Well, anyone knows a dragon's treasure is enchanted," Caspian revealed casually, only to be met with Eustace's disapproving snarl. "Well, anyone from here."

Lucy ambled towards her cousin, and retrieved the golden bangle from his scaly arm. Eustace let out an anguished roar, shaking his arm in response.

"Is there any way to change him back?" Edmund sought Caspian's advice.

"Not that I know of, I'm afraid," Caspian sounded uncertain, looking to Drinian for solutions. Unfortunately, Drinian was silent without ideas too, as he simply sent Tavros to prepare the boats.

"Aunt Alberta will not be pleased."

"Sorry about the hand, old boy," Reepicheep spoke up with remorse, "I can be a little overzealous at times."

"The boats are ready, Sire!" Tavros announced.

"We can't leave him alone." Lucy refused.

"Well, we can't bring him on board, Your Majesty." Drinian disputed promptly.

"We could spend the night with him to think it over," Charlotte suggested with crossed arms, "we can't be hasty about this, this is Eustace we're talking about, a young boy. The sun's getting real low, and we've all had an extremely exhausting day."

Drinian was stunned by her rebuttal. His eyes shifted towards the aureate hues of sunset that spread through the sky. With every passing minute, the sun sank into the horizon, bidding them goodbye.