||30||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
👩‍👧Closure👩‍👧
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

"I must say, this certainly is a pleasant surprise," Ms Prewett sat on her chair with her case notes, addressing the pair on the couch before her. "You're actually here, together."

The pair exchanged glances, mentally preparing themselves to explore the sea of opportunities before them. After all, they had already made that conscious decision to take the first step as a family to move past their loss, one that was an extremely difficult decision to make.

"It's about time I attended these sessions with her as expected of me," Aunt Jill suggested with hesitance, "we've been having some difficult conversations amongst ourselves about the past."

Ms Prewett darted her vision between the two.  She noted a shift in Charlotte's behaviour. In the beginning, the young adolescent was somewhat disengaged — refusing to meet her eyes, staring at the ceiling most of the time, being in her own world. At that very moment, Charlotte sat upright and leant forward, her features displaying her courage to take a leap of faith. The therapist pondered over Aunt Jill's open thoughts, occasionally analysing her case notes.

"These conversations can be hard to get through," she concurred, "but all the more they'd help us to move forward, wouldn't they?"

The pair nodded in agreement with her perspective. Charlotte, having been escaping to adventures in Narnia, and Aunt Jill, having been escaping to the worldly matters on Earth, had finally come together, eager to meet each other in the middle.

"Edmund once said to me that talking about things that bother us helps, when we're ready, that is," Charlotte chimed in.

"Ah yes, your supposedly close friend, Edmund," Ms Prewett chuckled teasingly, "the Just King of Narnia, wasn't he?"

Aunt Jill raised her eyebrows, surprised at Ms Prewett's indubitable acceptance of conversations about Narnia. Having grown into an adult, she was certain that any other adult would have dismissed the topic as childish nonsense.

"I reckon he's a little bit more than that now," Charlotte bashfully admitted, playing with her bracelet.

Aunt Jill's eyebrows raised at her revelation, caked in a muddle of disbelief and amusement. "So my hunch was right! And when did this happen, young lady?"

Charlotte blew a raspberry, abashed at the thought of opening up about their journey together. "Let's just say, our last adventure in Narnia did wonders to our relationship."

Aunt Jill leaned back, lowering her chin at the revelation. Processing that information definitely brought back some bittersweet memories of a certain pair.

"Speaking of friends," Ms Prewett gently diverted their attention, "are you still living with them?"

"Well, yes, but Edmund and Lucy will be leaving their cousin Eustace's place in a few days actually," Charlotte paused as she pondered over the countdown, "so I suppose we're just making the most of our time together until then."

She then glanced at her aunt. "But I'm definitely going home to Aunt Jill soon, I expect."

"How do you feel about that, Jillian?" Ms Prewett prompted, gesturing with her pen towards the lady.