Chapter 18

Next morning I woke up at the baker house. We were currently in the kitchen talking about football. "I can't today" he said "why can't you?" Mr baker asked Jordan "I promised Aurora we'd see a movie" Jordan said as he grabbed my arm leaving the house fast.

"Why are you so damn thirsty to go?" I asked while I laughed. "I wanna see my granddad."

Shortly we arrived at his house and they got to talking as I just sat next to Jordan and listened. "Do you think i have a chance to be great?" He asked. "I don't know yet" grandpa willie said truthfully. I rubbed J's back as he looked down.

After that he just dropped me off at my house. "Mom?" I yelled out. I walked into the kitchen and seen a post it on the counter.
Mi
Hey pretty girl, I just need some time away so I took a job offer in New Jersey. I know it's across the country and I'm sorry. I'm only one phone call away baby. I love you- momma

I get she needs time away but why is she so fucking far from me. I'm still not completely okay and I need her but if she feels better after this then I'm okay with that I guess.

Later on I got a phone call from liv saying Spencer gave an amazing speech at that one thing they had in Crenshaw. I wish I was there but I was taking care of myself for once and I just couldn't get myself to go.

The next day I'm with Leila and oliva at the cafe. We see this one red head that always got shit to say about people and we go up to them because Leila wanted to say something to her.

"Layla, Olivia, Aurora." "I know why you're so hard to tear me down, you want the crown so damn bad take it, go be stu co president or whatever it doesn't matter. what is important are the real friends in my life. People like Olivia and Aurora who stand by me no matter what. Kinda friendship you clearly know nothing about. And the next time you decide to come for me, you better swing harder because I'm not gonna be so nice" Leila said all in her face. "YUP!" I say as the 3 of us walk out

We all go to Olivia's house but the 2 of them go to her room and I'm in the living room with Jordan bae. He opened the door for his grandpa. "Uh what are you doing here?" He asks as grandpa willie barges in. As I really didn't feel like listening I went upstairs with the girls. They were watching a movie so I sat on the floor against the bed to watch it.

A little later At school the boys were having a district combine. It was so boring to me but you know my mans here so we gotta support. I was with liv as we seen someone give Jordan a invite to 7 on 7. He looked a little down after Chris said whatever then left.

In the evening I helped Jor bae get ready. He was wearing a burgundy tuxedo and he looked so handsome. "You look so handsome baby" I tell him as he fixed his coat. "Thank you" he said bending down to kiss me on the lips. I smiled as he left.

I went home and just went to bed. In the morning I went with Liv to help her convince Layla and Spence to let Asher live that her house.
"Asher is homeless and you have a big empty house it makes sense" liv said so I added on "his dad kicked him out he's living in his fucking car, he's made mistakes yeah but so have we and somehow he's the only one still paying for them" Layla looked at Spence and he said "it's your house"

Layla agreed so Olivia texted him that he can live with her. After a little Olivia and i left her house and went to mines. "Wait so your mom left again?" "Yes ma'am" "do you wanna stay with us? Like I know how you are when you get lonely and I don't want that" "no thank you, liv your house is crowed as it is and I don't want to be another body in it just bothering you guys. I'm there more then enough throughout the day I can't live with your family. But you can stay here if you'd likeeee" I said really wanting her to say yes

After seeing her think she agreed. I clapped my hands together and she told me she'll be right back. She was gonna go pack. I let her use my car since she was coming back and I didn't feel like going. Since she left I decided to take a long hot shower.

I got dressed in some pajama pants and a tank top. I got a FaceTime call from my boy Jordan. I of course answered. "So you asked my sister to come live with you and not me!? I feel betrayed." He said as he faked hurt with his hand to his heart. "Jordan i love you, I do. But Olivia is my favorite girl so I had to. Tell her to hurry I miss my girl" he shook his head said okay and hung up.

An hour later she came back and I was ready to give her a gift basket I made for her 1 year of being sober. She came in my room and I was ready. It was in front of me and she sat in front of me.

"Tomorrow is your one year sobriety mark and I of course remember, I am so proud of you and how far you've came along." Olivia pulls pills out of her pocket. I feel shocked and scared. "I found them this morning." "Have you taken any?" I said in a whisper. "No not yet but it's been really hard, everyday. I make an active choose to stay sober. One day at a time. And today it's just not working" "Liv you don't have to go through this alone. I am here for you" I said as I grab her hand. She smiled

"I wish I could say the same for my family you know? You're the only one who even remembered it was my one year sobriety coming up" "I'm sure they remembered" I try reinsuring her. "No but like I get it, they're busy and this time of year is always bad I mean because of the playoffs and my mom has her DA campaigns"

"You need to tell them how you're feeling." "No itll just hurt them." "No Liv. It's hurting you and they can't fix it if they don't know. You can't heal unless you're honest with them no more struggling in silence"

Olivia wipes her tears. "I love you Aurora" "I love you Olivia" I said with a small smile. We couldn't go to sleep and plus it was early.

I end up taking her to back to her house because she sent them a 911 text so they can talk. I waited in the car because I didn't want to intrude on their family talk.

She texted telling me to come inside because she was gonna stay there for the night and she didn't want me to be alone. Plus she got her chip in the morning and I wanted to be there for my girl.

The next morning We were waiting for them to call livs name and once she did I clapped so hard.
"You did it" Her sponsor said as she handed her the chip. I was so proud of Liv. The family had a group hug then told me to join in on it. They were my second family and I wouldn't want it any other way.