chapter 24

i was chilling with liv in her room. we were talking about her thing her mom wanted her to do. "hey im kinda hungry wanna go get something?" she asks me. "yea." we went downstairs and seen jordan and spencer having a deep talk and playing video games.

we got our food and were sitting down and i looked at the time and i needed to head out. "i gotta go handle something that aint been feeling right" spencer says "you going to crenshaw?" i ask and he says yea "ill give you a ride, i got nothing else and liv has her Cotillion"

"bye livy ill see you later, janiya comes today later i think 7:30pm so you can stop by or something. love you" i say walking out with spencer ignoring jordan.

i dropped spencer off at his dads house. i stayed there as they were talking. "can you take me to the football field?" i nod and start driving there.

we got out the car and walked up to a boy with a black jacket. and mhm was he sexy.

"I had a feeling you'd come here first" spencer said walking up to him. "I did the same thing the night before I enrolled at Beverly." "At least you got a chance to play. I was just getting warmed up." he said facing him.

"Hey, look, bro, I wasn't trying to mess up y'all's life. You got to understand that. Your pops, man. He changed the game for me. Not having a father around for the first 9 years of my life forced me to grow up. It wasn't until I met Corey that I learned how to be a son for the first time. He gave me someone I could count on."

"Kind of like my coach at Beverly did for me. Look, man, your home is clearly with Corey, which makes Crenshaw your home now, too. You should stay." soencer said now knowing what he was going through. "Heh. Now, you... You sure?" he asked "My beef ain't with you. "

before i went to follow spencer, "hey whats your name?" i asked him. he looked at me up and down. "darnell, you?" "aurora, see you around though" "yea you too"

later on we were all at this rapping thing that coop was gonna participate in. "Each rapper gets 20 seconds to spit they bars, and when they done, y'all decide the winner by cheering loud as hell. You feel me? First two rappers up is Coop and Professor Koo Koo!"

we all starting cheering and clapping. the beat started to play and i got my phone out to record.

she made it to her third round and the other girl wasnt that bad.

"The look on your face is a scared one ♪ ♪ 'cause I'm on that ass, I ain't lettin' up ♪ ♪ It's feeling like somebody set you up ♪ ♪ Just tap out when you think you've had enough ♪ ♪ Look, I ain't come here to make friends ♪ ♪ So we do not have to pretend ♪ ♪ I know all you all will remem-ber ♪ ♪ The day Kim Nitty went in"

everyone started to cheer and then the dj came up. "Whose bars was you feeling the most? Kim Nitty?" everyone started to cheer. "Or the winner of the first two rounds, Coop?" we all cheered wayyyy louder for coop. "Coop again. Hey, big ups to you for making it to the final round."

coop came to our table and patience hugged her as they chanted coops name.

"do you hear that? They're loving you!" she said "Yo, I got to be honest, I did not think it would be that easy. It ain't nobody here on my level." "Nope. We not doing that. You got a whole nother round to go." "Yeah, I'm with Spence. Secure that bag." i said agreeing "Listen, I'm just saying, the better the competition, the more that money feels earned."

i got a call "hello?" "hey bitchh, my plane landed" "alright on my way, hey spencer i got to go but ill see yall soon, wish coop luck for me" "ight be safe" "you too bye!"

i left the lil cafe club thing and started going to the airport. after about 25 minutes going to the beverly airport i seen janiya waiting outside with her suitcase.

2-3 hours later we were chilling in my house catching up. she told me all about her and her son and i asked why she didn't bring him. she said that this week is his dads week so she couldn't exactly bring him. i was telling her all about jordan.

"hes a piece of shit aurora but i understand if you still love him, its normal. i went through the same but worse and i ended up getting pregnant." i laughed with her. "but hes the best thing thats ever happened to me" "yes i know i miss him, next time come on your week so i can see him again"

"i will" she said laughing. then there was a knock on the door. "hey liv?" "hey is niya here?" "mhmmm" she come running to the door giving olivia a hug.

while they were talking my mom called me. "hello?" "hey rora guess what." "what?" "im getting married!!!!! and you have 2 step siblings, i can't wait for you to meet them." "say what mother?" "you heard me. im coming home next week. beware, and see you seen love bug" she hung up on me just like that.

"what happened?" "uhm well apparently i have a step dad and step siblings" "wait my aunt be getting it in!?" "ew janiya. i guess" "shit she getting more action than me" janiya adds on again.