chapter 26

i was currently sitting in the bakers loving room with spencer, liv, mrs baker, laylas dad, janiya, and a therapist. she walked in slowly so we all stood up. "Dad? What is this?" layla asks slowly "Why don't you have a seat, Honey? Dr. Gurman will explain."

"Everyone gathered here today loves you, Layla... But they're scared. Major depressive disorder affects millions of people across the country. Teens today are faced with so much pressure to be perfect. We're gathered here today because your friends and family are concerned. About your erratic behavior and loss of interest in daily activities. We're here to give you help. Your father and I have agreed that an inpatient trea..."

mr keeting grabbed her arm but she took him off of her. "wait, I mean, you want to have me committed?"No one wants you committed" he tells her. "I know what "inpatient treatment" means. This is ridiculous.No." "I know that this is difficult, but your behavior has raised ques..." the doctor got cut off.

"According to them, to my ex-boyfriend and Princess rehab here, they say I've been acting differently, so all of a sudden, you all agree I need professional help." i wasnt mentioned cause ive been so consumed in my own drama that i wasnt worried about her mental health and i feel horrible for that .

"Come on. The lies? I mean, you trashed your own house. We saw your hotel room." olivia said. "Please don't act like we're just making this up, Layla. I seen the cuts on your arm."

"Stopped wearing the bracelets that were causing the cuts, see? Healed. And I am not the only teenager who skipped class or has a messy room. Look, I agree I could have... Handled the break-in better, but... I was scared." "W-w-why didn't you tell me?" her dad asked getting closer.

"Because I shouldn't have had to tell you. You should have come home. You should have known what was going on. You should have... Been my dad."

"Mr. Keating, it's normal to feel guilty, but..." "You did say there were other outpatient options, right?" he says and then layla and her dad leave.

3 days later.
i walked in school and seen the twins. i had gifts for both of them even if i was still not over the whole thing with jordan. i seen layla giving them hugs. i waited for her to walk away. "happy birthday to 2 of my favorite people" i gave them both a hug and mine and jordans lasted a little longer. we never talked about what happened. i just felt so broken without him , i miss him so much but he did what he did.

i handed my gift to olivia and then gave jordan his. the bell rang and i walked away with liv, "what did you get him?" "the jordans he use to talk about wanting" i said normally, she gave me a weird look. "look in my defense i ordered them when we were still together and i know no one else that has the same shoe size as him, and i wanted to see his reaction when he opened them but i cant even do that" i started to get tears in my eyes and i literally dont know why.

olivia pulled me into a hug, "i know its hard aurora but youre gonna get through it, i love you so much. my brother is literally a dickhead for that" "im sorry too im literally crying on youre birthday" i wipe my tears and continue, "anyways open your gift please" she takes the box out of the bag that was wrapped in wrapping paper.

i got her the cutest diamond necklace, i got her more stuff but this for now would be fine. her reaction was so cute. once she unwrapped it she had the biggest smile and looked at me. "i love u so much aurora you don't understand, this is so beautiful thank you so so much" she says pulling me into a hug.

"it was so problem i love u so much"

jordans povwhen aurora handed me my gift and left with liv i wondered what could she had possibly have gifted me

jordans pov
when aurora handed me my gift and left with liv i wondered what could she had possibly have gifted me. i miss that girl with everything in me and i need her back in my life. i dont know who i am without her and i regret doing what i did. even if it takes a while i need my girl back.

anyways i took the box out the bag and it was neatly wrapped. it looked like a shoe box but i have no clue what shoes she could've gotten me. either was i appreciate her still even giving me a gift at all. i unwrapped it and slowly smiled to myself. she remembered. even after everything she remembered.

she got me the jordan's i've been talking about since they first leaked. they were mad hard to get so i wonder how she even managed to get them. i'm gonna thank her when i see her and have a talk with her.

i need to. i love this girl so much, i fucked up big time and i need to apologize as soon as possible. she really has my heart.

jordan baker.
hey i need to talk to you, wya?

rora💕
left early at my house why

jordan baker
omw
read 12:57pm

—————————————————————

auroras pov
i was wondering why the hell jordan is on his way right now but honestly i dont mind it. i wish i had a sibling or something, i feel so alone. anyways there was a knock on the door so i went to go open it and it was jordan. "why did u come?" "we need to talk" "we do"

i say walking from the door to my couch, i grabbed a pillow and started hugging it. i crossed my legs in a criss cross as he sat on the couch as well.

"i just want to start off with how sorry i am, i—-" "jordan be honest with me please, were you guys fucking while i was here? before i even left, did you fuck her the whole time we were dating? the whole week i was gone?" "i met her when i went to the mall to get something and she gave me her number, i thought i was never going to use it. but with my whole parent situation and then my car it just became alot so short answer i did start with her before you left."

my eyes started to water but i just blinked and started blankly. "did you ever love me jordan?" my voice cracked. "aurora i did i really did, but i" "jordan if you loved me you wouldnt have done me like that, you've repeatedly have done this type of stuff. my trust is gone. my respect for you is gone. i love you so much that it hurts. i love you more then i love myself and thats sad" i take a deep breath and i continue

"you were the one person that i thought would never do me as bad as you did, i was trying my absolute hardest and i wasn't enough for u"

"aurora no you're absolutely more then enough and i dont deserve you. youre the best thing that has happened to me in my life, after doing what i did, when i saw you crying it absolutely broke me. if i could go back and do it over again i would."

"jordan you cant. i know youre sorry but sorry isnt going to fix my heartbreak at all, you broke me more then my own dad did. i thought we were it, i thought you were my person. youre just a disgusting piece of shit. you knew what you was doing was wrong, youre not sorry that you did it. youre sorry because you got caught."

"i'm done i'm sick and tired of this jordan"  i said with my red and puffy eyes watering once again "i can't do this anymore, i cant do this to myself" i said with tears falling down my face. "i'm sorry, I need you" he said trying to wrap around my waist

i let him hug me, i needed it. he was not not letting me go as he was crying and begging. "please don't leave me" he said crying