chapter 25

the next day, i was at the 25 reunion for our parents. by ours i mean theres cause my mom is never present. i got invited by liv and we were getting food.

"Liv, all I'm saying is when was the last time you got your car washed?" "My car's not dirty, and you're lucky to have a car at all." she told himmmm but i wanted some mac and cheese so. "Move." i told jordan to move out my way. things have been less awkward between us since that talk but it still hurts.

"Look, I'm making a sacrifice, too, all right? I don't even want to be here." jordan tells Olivia. "Jordan, I know how you feel. I do. But dad is all alone right now, and he needs us. So could you please just, like, pretend like you're happy to see him?" she tells him.

"Wait. Here he comes. Smile." i tell the twins. "Hey. You guys came. I didn't think that you'd, uh..." Billy says all happy which was so sweet.

"We wouldn't miss it, right, Jordan?" "Mm." "Well, I'm, uh, I'm glad you guys showed up. Uh, come. I want to introduce you to a couple of my old teammates. Cool? Come on. Come on." "Uh, I'll be right there." liv tells him as she grabbed my arm to go sit by spencer who was sitting alone

"Hey. I thought you were bringing Layla." i asked him as i took a seat next to him. "Yeah. Me, too. Kind of had a fight. I asked a question, and she left" "What did you ask her?" liv asked sitting across from him. "I seen some cuts on her arm. Thought she might be hurting herself. I'm just worried about her." "Spencer, there was never a second break-in at her house." i told him

"What are you talking about?" he asked facing me now. "Layla trashed her own house, and I've seen depression, and there are definitely signs there. I don't know what she's going through, but something's not right with her." olivia tells him. we sat there talking until Olivia said she had to go help asher.

i didnt have a ride home nothing cause liv was my ride. jordan has her car so i was looking for him. he was talking to his dad about the car. "hey ba- jordan can you give me a ride home?" i mentally hit myself on what i was going to call him but he told me yes.

i was in the backseat of the car because he was with carla or whatever. he picked her up halfway on the way to mu house. i was in the passenger seat until she came. i just went to the back cause i aint got the time for this. and she was all up on him like bitch get off of my man the fuck.

"Why can't we go to your house?" she asks "My mom's home. What about yours" "Same. We could always just pull over, get in the back seat." "bitch im in here" i say as jordan continues "and, it's my sister's car." "So?"

his phone vibrates again. "Who keeps blowing you up? Who the hell is Simone?" "Nobody. Give me... Give me my phone." then they start going back and forth. "Carla bro this isnt safe please give him the phone- WATCH OUT!" i yell out as a car is pulling out the parking spot. he swerves as a car honks at him that was driving by then he crashes into a backyard.

"You ok?" he turns around and asks me ignoring the girl. i touch my forhead and have a little blood coming out. "kinda. are you?" i ask "mhm" he nods ans then carla says "Better than your sister's car." "I'm so dead" he says looking straight. "We should probably get out of here." "Yeah, but we can't just leave my sister's car here."

then his phone starts vibrating again. "You can stay. Say hi to Simone." she grabs her stuff and leaves. "jordan" i say "hm?" "whos simone?" "no one" "she's someone if she keeps blowing you up like this, who is she?" "no one aurora okay." "its hard enough having to be in the backseat of the car because youre with some slut in front of me"

laura picks us up and the whole car ride was silent. when we got to her house it was quiet too. "Are you gonna say something? Mom? Mom? OK. You're starting to scare me."

"Good. Sit." she tells him, i dont know if it implied to me but i sat immediately. "You mind if I stand" he asks a dumb question. "You will sit. I will stand. I will ask the questions, and you will provide the answers. You will tell me the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you, God"

"I feel like I'm in Court" he says under his breath. "You are in my court. Did I or did I not suspend your driving privileges?" "Mom." "Answer the question." she says sternly.

"Yes. OK. I wasn't supposed to drive." "And yet somehow, you managed to crash your sister's car into our neighbor's front yard." "Is that a question? You are grounded for as long as I can legally ground you for. your birthday party next weekend, canceled. Everything is canceled."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, mom. That's Liv's party, too." "Yeah? She gave you the keys to her car." "Yeah. She had a good reason." he tells her. "Oh, did she? I'm glad that she had a good reason." "When did you and dad switch places?" he kinda blurted out. oh god.

"Excuse me?" "Nothing. It's just... You're the bad cop now, and all of a sudden, he's the good cop." "When was he the good cop?" "Today. We went to the reunion." "Your dad knows you're grounded. Did he know that you were driving Olivia's car?" "Look, mom, don't... Don't be mad at dad, OK? He was just being cool with me because we were getting along, all right? It's not his fault. Don't... Don't... Mom." she walked away. then he turned towards me

"aurora?" "hm?" "simone is the girl you walked in on me with." "did she know?" "know what?" he asked "did she know you had a girlfriend?" "yes she did" "good to know" i say and then i try to walk out. "wait" i turn around "what jordan" "your forehead is still bleeding" i bring my fingers to my cut and get blood on my fingers.

he took me to the bathroom and started cleaning the cut up. i was sitting on the countertop as he took a alcohol wipe and it hurt a little. we were looking in each others eyes as he did so.

i couldnt anymore but before i could kiss him he lifted my head up, brought me closer to him and leaned in. it was the most passionate kiss we ever had. it felt so good. it was getting heated and heated by the second.