chapter six

❝ it's been awhile since someone'sunderestimated me

underestimated me. ❞

CARINA WATCHED THE troops begin to unload the ships as Anakin approached her, the girl gazed down at him, "You seem nervous."

Anakin glanced at their surroundings before shrugging, "Just trying to adjust I guess."

Carina gave the small boy a sympathetic smile, "I can't imagine being away from your mother is easy, but I know you'll see her again."

Anakin weakly nodded, "You're really good at comforting people you know."

The padawan crossed her arms over her chest, "I wouldn't say that." Young Skywalker gave the girl a look, "You are, even if you think you're not. Thank you for that."

Carina gave him a small smile before adjusting her utility belt, her eyes landed upon Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan who were entranced in their own conversation.

Jar Jar emerged from the swamp and Queen Amidala quickly awaited his news. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan stepped beside Carina and Anakin.

"Dare-sa nobody dare. Da Gungan city is diserted. Some kinda fight, mesa tinks."

Obi-Wan furrowed his brows, "Do you think they have been taken to camps?" Captain Panaka took a step forward before voicing his thoughts, "More likely they were wiped out."

Jar Jar hummed, "Mesa no tink so."

Qui-Gon gazed at Gungan before questioning, "Do you know where they are, Jar Jar?"

"When in trouble, Gungans go to sacred place. Mesa show you. C'mon, mesa show you."

Carina gazed up at the Gungans that had found them and were currently leading them through the clearing full of refugees.

Queen Amidala and her handmaidens walked a little ahead as Anakin stayed by the padawan's side.

Carina narrowed her eyes at the far end the ruins where there was a grand temple with massive carved heads. Boss Nass and several other council members walked out to the top of the submerged head.

Captain Tarpal stepped ahead of the group before speaking, "You Honor, Queen Amidala of the Naboo."

Jar Jar began to chuckle nervously, "Ah, ello dare, ye big Boss Nass, You Honor."

Boss Nass narrowed his eyes at the audience he currently had before him, "Jar Jar Binks, who's da uss-en others?"

Queen Amidala stepped to the front with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon lingering a few feet to her side, Carina slipped into Obi-Wan's side as the Queen began to speak, "I am Queen Amidala of the Naboo... I come before you in peace."