chapter sixteen

❝ how could you have fallen so far? ❞

CARINA RUBBED HER HANDS together anxiously as she chewed on her lower lip, her eyes darted down towards the dress she was currently in.

Ever since the night Anakin proposed to the young Jedi Knight, time seemed to be going by faster than it ever had. She couldn't wrap her head around the thought that it had already been two weeks since.

Now, Carina stood in her wedding dress with R2 and C-3PO by her side as the whole wedding was supposed to be something small and quick. Two Jedi being wed would certainly cause a ruckus if heard of.

Carina still felt worried upon the mere thought, not for herself but mostly for her lover. Anakin being exiled from the order at her fault would be something she would never forgive herself for. She knew how much being a Jedi Master meant to Anakin, he was doing all he could to achieve it.

The brunette mentally cursed herself, she couldn't be thinking negatively. Carina let out a soft breath, blinking a few times before straightening up her posture.

C-3PO gazed at his friend for a moment before speaking up, "It is all right to be nervous. I've heard these types of events cause anxiety in a person."

Carina looked over at the droid and smiled softly, "Thank you, C." the brunette looked back towards the mirror, her eyes inspecting every inch on her as she took in her appearance, "I've always been such a closed off person. I don't know— I guess I didn't expect to see myself falling so in love, especially to the point where... it's a bit terrifying."

C-3PO fell silent before thinking of a response, "Well, love has a way of bringing out the good in people just as it does the bad. It doesn't make it a terrible thing though."

Carina let out a soft chuckle, "Never underestimate a droids knowledge."

R2 let out an agreeing beep as the bride wore a determined look, "All this panicking won't do me any good."

3PO nodded, "And your soon-to-be husband is waiting outside along with the officiant."

Carina pursed her lips before adjusting her white laced dress, "Right, let's go then."

Anakin couldn't wipe the smile off of his face as he glanced around the wide-open space balcony that was covered in glass as if a globe. The blonde clasped his hands together nervously as he watched the double doors finally creak open.

The padawan raised his chin as he watched the brunette walk inside, holding herself highly as she went to stand before him. Anakin felt his breath catch in his throat at he took in the girls beauty, which always seemed to amaze him. The Jedi Knight smiled widely at him before the couple turned their attention towards the officiator began to speak.

Carina couldn't make out the persons voice as she solely focused on the man before her, a bright glint shining in her eyes as she took in his expression.

"I do."

Carina blinked out of her trance as Anakin gaze her a knowing look. The officiator turned their attention towards the brunette, "Do you, Carina Algora, take Anakin Skywalker to be yours, body and mind, for as long as you both shall live."

A soft smile spread across her lips as she reached for the blondes metal hand, lips parting as she answered, "Till death do us part, for as long as you will have me."

The officiator took a step aside as Anakin etched closer to the brunette, reaching up with his free hand to cup the girls cheek as he gazed longingly into her eyes, "Til death do us part, for I will always want you."

Carina wasted no time leaning in, pressing her lips firmly against his as she pressed her body closer.

Anakin tangled his hand in her brown locks as he moved his lips on hers. The newly wed couple pulled apart, resting their foreheads gently together as Anakin smiled down at her, "Through thick and thin."

Carina smiled brightly as she pulled both of her hands up, cupping his face in her palms as she swiped the pad of her thumb over his lower lip as she held a peaceful expression.

"Through thick and thin."

Carina spun her saber in her grasp as she slashed the weapon through the air, practicing her form as the training room doors creaked open, revealing her husband and Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan smiled at the brunette as the girl raised a curious brow, "Can I help you two?"

Anakin bit back a smile as the Jedi Master gave his younger sister a look, "Did Master Windu comment on your form again?"

Carina blinked as she let out a groan, "He says I should focus on my defense just as much as my offense. I simply analyze my opponent's moves and then decide how to react."

Anakin gave his lover a look, "Is that so?"

Carina firmly nodded, "Yes. For example, in a fight with you, you focus everything on offense, you attack and attack until you wear your stamina down so it's obvious to defend until you get tired and then attack."

Anakin blinked as he realized the Knight had explained his fighting style perfectly.

Obi-Wan smiled widely, "Impressive as always, Mace trained you well."

Carina shrugged, "A little was on my own too, but yeah. He's a good Master, absolute pain to deal with but I've gotten stronger because of it."

Carina spun her lightsaber as she glanced between the two males, "Who wants to train?"

Obi-Wan was quick to shake his head, "No— uh, I'm needed for a meeting right now."

Carina narrowed her eyes, "Bullshit."

Obi-Wan purses his lips, "You two have fun though." the Jedi spoke before turning as he strutted out the room.

Carina turned to look at her husband who blinked, "I don't feel like getting humiliated today."

Carina let out a hearty laugh and to Anakin it was as if the simple sound soothed his mind.

Love, one would think it would cure all, but instead, it would be their biggest fault.

AUTHORS NOTE, yes i'm sorry it's such a short chapter but i'm giving you all a whole other movie (clone wars) before ROTS so that makes up for it.