chapter fifty-three

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❝ its all a matter of time. ❞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

CARINA TOYED WITH HER hands that rested on her lap, her eyes seeming vacant as she drowned herself in her suffocating thoughts. Since it was all she truly had to keep her company.

The mother licked her dried lips, the unbearable silence beginning to make her believe she'd lose her sanity due to it. Staying still, locked away with her wreck of a mind in the place she most despised. The toll grew on her the more as days passed.

Carina raked her hands through her recently washed hair, her head leaning upon the wall her bed was pushed up against.

She'd eaten that morning and skipped lunch, feeling her appetite slipping away from her more and more.

A startling wave of exhaustion crashed into her senses, her eyes growing heavy despite her efforts to maintain them open.

Until she gave into her tiredness.

Carina winced slightly at the movement she'd made to straighten herself on the chair. A noise that did not escape Anakin's hearing, his fists going white from his hard he was clenching them.

Algora glanced up at her husband, "Your quietness has me uneasy, talk to me."

Anakin struggled to contain his anger, seconds away from leaving the ship to hunt down the one who'd injured his wife.

A frown pulled at Carina's lips, the bandage at the side of her waist visible to the eye. "Anakin, I can sense your anger. Please calm down. This isn't good for you."

The blonde Skywalker finally turned to meet his wife's worried eyes, his hard gaze softening the slightest under it, "Those bastards hurt you."

Carina sighed softly, "It's nothing I can't handle, now please, if someone sees you this angry it'll cause suspicion."

Anakin pulled his brows together, "Why should I let them walk free?" Carina gave the blonde a look, "They split us up for a reason in there, my love. They wanted to pull a reaction out of one of us and if you go back in their, you'll be giving the separatists what they want."

Anakin huffed in annoyance, but fell silent knowing his love was right, as usual.

"I'm right here, still here. Okay?"