chapter fifty-four

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❝ i can't trust you. ❞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FITS WERE CLENCHED, darkness enveloping him as a blanket would, yet it lacked the comfort. An ache grew in his chest every time he found his thoughts drifting towards his wife's distant and hostile eyes.

Vader's chest heaved noticeably as he recalled a time he never thought he'd ever drive Algora to such a point. Anakin who defied the council themselves for his wife, but he was no longer that person. The Sith Lord often had to remind himself of that, he killed that piece of himself when he thought he'd lost Carina by his own hand.

Darth didn't understand the slight conflict that was starting to rise within him, he'd never once doubted his acts. Yet, seeing how Carina looked at him— the soft voices he heard in her mind about how much he'd changed and what he'd became had all sorts of thoughts clouding his judgement.

"Lord Vader." An uncertain voice spoke beside him.

The male reopened his eyes, his mechanic breath reaching his ears. He only turned his head slightly, signaling he'd heard the trooper speaking.

"It's Algora."

The Sith didn't need to be told anything more as he sprung up from his seat, his boots leaving a trail of echos as he rushed towards the room his wife was in.

The man heard grunting along with commotion coming from the cell and his legs moved faster.

Vader's eyes fell upon the open room and peered inside to see Carina bashing a storm troopers head into the wall while another before her was about to pull the trigger to the blaster in their hold.

Darth was quick send the weapon flying out of the troopers grasp, the gun clattering onto the ground  with a thud.

Carina glanced up at the Sith Lord to see his attention set on his own trooper standing before her. Vader's mechanic voice cut through the air, clear anger visible in his tone, "Never point your blaster at her again."

"Lord Vader, she began attacking—"

Carina snapped her head over at the solider, "After your little friend touched me." She spat out, poison lacing her tone with her eyes narrowed into slits.

Darth took the moment to survey the room, seeing three troopers laying limp on the cold ground. The male lifted his head to face the storm trooper, "What happened?"

The trooper shrunk under the tone used, swallowing thickly as he sputtered out, "FE-3465 came in to set down her meal when she—"

Carina scoffed out, "I wasn't hungry and shoved the tray a little when your prick of a trooper went to grab my arm. Last thing I'll have is anyone putting their hands on me."