chapter thirteen

❝ please, please tell me i've been lied to ❞

CARINA BLINKED A FEW times as different gates surrounding the arena began to open up, four different monsters are driven inside. One was a bull like creature also known as a Reek, the other was a lion like Nexu, the one beside it being a rather long lobster identifiable as an Acklay, the last monster was a Rancor, a rather large snarling creature with long talons.

The Picador's shoved the creatures towards the center with their spear before retiring to the perimeter.

Anakin pursed his lips at the sight of the four aliens, "I have a bad feeling about this." Carina spoke with sarcasm evident in her tone, "Really? What makes you say?"

Carina turned her attention back to the monsters that had set their gaze on the four prisoners. The Jedi Knight furrowed her brows together as she thought of ways to unbind her hands, she glanced over at Padme who was picking the of the chains with a bobby pin, one of her hands slipped free and she began to climb up the pole.

"Suddenly I want those painful hairstyles right now."

Obi-Wan pressed his lips into a firm line before speaking to his padawan and the young Jedi Knight, "I'll take the one on the right, Carina you take the one on the far right and Anakin you take the middle."

Carina smiled coyly, "Yes, give me the biggest and most menacing one why don't you?"

Obi-Wan tugged on his chains as he replied, "Don't you like to boast about your incredible abilities?"

Carina narrowed her eyes, clearing her mind as she began to focus on the chain binding her left hand. The brunette softly exhaled as the shackles abruptly snapped off one of her wrists, Carina sent Obi-Wan a patronizing smile as the Rancor monster stalked towards her.

The Jedi Knight gripped the chain that was still bound to her right hand, planting her feet firmly on the ground as the creature inched closer by the second, reaching it's claws out as if to grasp her.

Anakin spared a worried glance to the brunette which she quickly took notice of, "Anakin, focus on your own monster or you'll be dead meat."

The young padawan did as he was told as he concentrated on the beast charging straight towards him, the boy braced his feet, leaping into the air causing for the monster to hit the pole instead.

Carina pushed herself off the ground as she gripped tightly onto her bound hand, swinging around the pole as she braced her legs before her, using all the strength as she kicked the Rancor beast in the jaw, making him tumble a bit before growling as it reached out a clawed hand, gripping the long chain before accidently snapping it broken.

Carina tumbled onto the ground before she regained her balance, the brunette spared a glance at Padme who was bleeding a bit from claw marks as the alien creature circled her pole.