chapter thirty-seven

❝ you don't know half of things i'vegone through

gone through. ❞

OBI-WAN LET OUT A SIGH AFTER having scared away the Tusken raiders, the old man adjusted his robe as he peered down at young Luke Skywalker that laid unconscious on the ground.

Kenobi approached the teenage boy before placing his hand to Luke's temples in hopes to awake him.

The Jedi tilted his head slightly when an oddly familiar droid noise caught his attention, the male turned to see Anakin and Carina's old R2 unit hidden within the crevices of the mountain. Obi-Wan held a welcoming glint in his eyes before speaking, "Hello there. Come here my little friend. Don't be afraid."

R2 gestured towards Luke and Obi-Wan hummed, "Don't worry, he'll be alright." A slight groan caught his attention and Kenobi glanced down to see the boy stirring awake. Luke blinked a few times before beginning to sit upwards with help.

"Rest easy, son. You've had a busy day."

Luke curiously glanced around before his gaze landed on Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Ben? Ben Kenobi?" R2-D2 began to approach the two humans as Luke continued, "Boy, am I glad to see you."

Obi-Wan gave his dearest friends son a smile, "The Jundland wastes are not to be traveled lightly." The old Jedi grunted as he got back onto his feet before lending young Skywalker a hand, "Tell me, young Luke, what brings you out this far?"

Luke took a seat upon a rock before gesturing towards R2, "This little droid." Obi-Wan threw the well known droid a glance before listening to Luke, "I think he might be searching for his former Masters, I suppose. I think he's searching for two people by the names of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Carina Algora, do those names ring any bells to you?"

Obi-Wan's expression immediately faltered upon hearing Carina's full name, it had been long since someone had uttered it. He hadn't seen the young girl in over two years, not since the Empire had begun to inch closer and closer to her trail.

Why R2 was looking for her made curiosity course through him, the droids system had been wiped of any information regarding the brunette, no one had wanted to take chances upon finding out Carina had indeed been alive.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi... Obi-Wan? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time."

Luke tilted his head slightly as he thought, "I think my uncle knew him. He said he was dead." Obi-Wan pursed his lips before shaking his head, "Oh, he's not dead, not... not yet."

"You know him. Well, if you know him then you must know this Carina person."

Obi-Wan looked towards the ground for a small moment, "Of course I know him. He's me. I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan in a very long time."