chapter forty-seven

❝ i should've ended this years ago

❝ i should've ended this years ago. ❞

CARINA TWISTED TWO CABLES together before setting them back in place as she closed it off with the panel, listening as 3PO spoke to Solo, "Sir, if I may venture an opinion—"

"I'm not really interested in your opinion, 3PO."

Carina rolled her eyes at the males response when her daughter came rushing into the cabin, wearing a panicked expression as she sputtered out, "There's something out there."

Han pulled his brows together in confusion, "Where?" Algora shot the man an incredulous look, "Where the hell do you think?"

Leia pursed her lips, "Outside, in the cave."

Carina jolted slightly as a sharp banging occurred, the brunette narrowed her eyes as an eerie chill creeped through her. Something wasn't right.

Han slipped off his goggles, his face set into a determined expression while he shuffled around, "I'm going out there." Leia's eyes widened at him significantly, "Are you crazy?"

Carina quirked up a questioning brow, "Have you met him?"

"I just got this bucket back together. I'm not going to let something tear it apart."

Han and Chewbacca rushed over to the breathing masks, each of them taking one before Leia chimed up, "Then I'm going with you."

Carina placed her hand on her hip as she watched her daughter follow after the male. A soft sigh escaped her lips before she closed the other electrical panel.

"Do you think something is out there, Miss Algora?"

The brunette turned towards the droid, "I'm not quite sure, 3PO. Also, just call me Carina, please."

"Alright, Carina."

The mother smiled at C-3PO before inhaling sharply, familiar feelings swarming through her mind as she felt an intruder attempt to reach her. Carina grew more and more irritated with the Sith Lord, he wasn't going to give up, she knew that. But Carina was just as hardheaded as he was, she'd never give in that easily.

Carina closed her eyes, breathing softly as she cleared her mind. She'd forgotten how challenging focusing could be with her mind open to all the emotions around her.

"Keeping a clear mind was always challenging for you."

Algora snapped her eyes back open, chest heaving as her eyes darted around the room. She knew that voice, she'd recognize it anywhere. It was Obi-Wan.

Carina licked her chapped lips, blinking before she recomposed herself. Could he have been speaking directly to her? No, she doubted that. Carina crossed it off as a memories deciding to resurface from many years ago.