chapter thirty-one

❝ han, shutting up would do you wonders, you know

you know. ❞

CARINA CAUGHT SIGHT OF dark sage green coat just the right size for Leia, the brunette grabbed the clothing as the princess intensely gazed at the one beside it that held many jewels, "Can I have this one?"

Obi-Wan kept a close eye out while Carina glanced over at her daughter, "When half the city isn't looking for you, sure. Now come on." The mother held the coat as Leia slipped her arms into the sleeves. She moved to the vendor as she pulled out her credits, "Just the green cape."

Leia smiled down at the row of gloves, her eyes darting up at the brunette, "Can I have these?"

Carina blinked at the child, letting a small sigh escape her lips, "Just one." she turned towards the seller, "And a pair of gloves." She dropped the credits into their grasp before placing a hand on Leia's back to guide her towards Obi-Wan's awaiting figure.

Kenobi glanced between the two whilst he spoke, "Alright, if anyone asks, we're farmers from Tawl. Leia, you're my daughter and Carina is my sister."

The Algora girl blinked at the male as young Leia ushered under her breath, "More like our grandfather."

Carina pressed her lips firmly together, amusement visible in her expression as Obi-Wan blinked at the princess, "What?"

"Nothing."

Carina spared her daughter a look, "I'm flattered you think I'm that young." Leia tilted her head slightly, "What? Aren't you like 20?" The brunette softly chuckled as they began to stride down the streets, "Not at all."

Leia stayed close to Carina's side as she inspected their surroundings, eye lit up in awe as she took everything in. "Where are we?"

"Daiyu." Carina answered her daughters question, listening as Leia chirped, "This place is incredible."

Obi-Wan spared his dearest friend, who's expression hardened slightly, "I wouldn't say that."

Carina glanced back to see a bounty hunter carefully gazing around, making sure to look at everyone's faces. The brunette picked up her pace as she sent Kenobi a glance, he quickly caught on as they turned on the street.

A curious glint shone in Leia's eyes as she gazed up at Obi-Wan, "Why don't you use your lightsabers?" Kenobi peered down at the girl before looking back up, clearly not wanting to answer the question.

Leia pursed her lips, turning her eyes to gaze over to Carina, "Are you a Jedi too?"

"No."

The princess blinked at the brunette's short and dry response, tilting her head before placing her attention back on Kenobi, "Maybe you aren't a real Jedi either. I heard they all died."