forty four

Ariana

After battling my way through the rest of my classes for the day, I'm beyond happy when the bell finally rings to release us from this day of hell. Although, I have to say, mine and Harry's moment in his class earlier has kept me smiling all day. I've been repeating our words to each other in my head and it's definitely not helped the butterflies in my stomach.

On the way home, I replay the look on Harry's face when he finally told me. The anxious look while he was waiting for my reply and then the relief that flooded through him once I said it back. The way his lips arched up into that adorable smile as he hugged me back, dimples and all. The way he laughed at how happy I was but I could tell he was just as happy.

I walk into the elevator and press the button up to our floor. As I wait, I quickly reply to a text from Ricky and it sends just as the doors slide open. I reach into my pocket for my keys and push them into the door, turning them in the lock. I get inside and throw my bag across the room. I want to jump around and scream and cry. I want to tell everyone that we did it. We really did it. We said 'I love you'. Finally, after so long.

"I thought it was you." Chelsea says as she walks out of her room. I want to run over to her and hug her, telling her all about it, both of laughing as we spin around. That's what I'd normally do.

But I stop, remembering that I can't. She's just broken up with her boyfriend so I can't go on at her about mine. I swallow back what I was about to say and I give her a smile instead.

"Yeah, just me." I say as I walk over to the kitchen.

"I thought you were angry or something seeing as I heard you just throw your bag down." Chelsea laughs as she follows me. "But you're obviously not mad at all. You have the biggest smile on your face."

"Oh." I say as I grab a drink, toning down my obvious smile a little. I don't want to seem overly happy and rub it in her face. I already feel super guilty. "I guess I'm in a decent mood. What about you? How you feeling today?"

"Not so great." Chelsea sighs as she places her elbows onto the counter. "He hadn't called or anything. Not that I expected him to but.....I just thought he'd try, you know?"

"You don't need him to try." I tell her. "What you need to do is forget about all this shit and go have a fun night."

"What, with you?" Chelsea asks.

"No, I'd love to but......I'm busy. And I think we had enough to drink that night we each drunk a bottle of wine because you felt depressed." I laugh at the memory and Chelsea smiles. "But I know someone else who's up for a night out, if you'll agree to it."

"Who?" Chelsea asks me.

"Ricky." I say and Chelsea thinks for a while. "I thought you could do with some cheering up and I felt bad I was busy tonight so I asked the next best person."

"You're not trying to set us up or anything, are you?" Chelsea asks me with raised eyebrows. "Because-"

"Oh god, no!" I exclaim and she laughs. "He was up for a night out and I thought you would be too."

"As friends?"

"As friends." I confirm. "Trust me, I'm not letting you date my brother."

Chelsea laughs again and then she stops and shrugs. "I'm up for it. I'll text him back."

"And I'll help you pick out a cute ass outfit, ok?" I call out as she heads into her room for her phone. I stand back and smile, my plan already going along perfectly.

Harry

I notice it's already 7pm once I jump into my car. I turn my key in the ignition and start the engine, heading off to Ariana's apartment in a hurry. The city is busy tonight so it takes me 10 minutes longer than it normally would.