fourteen

Please quickly click that vote button before reading. Enjoy the chapter.

Ariana's POV:

About four days have been passed and now it's Thursday. Harry is back now but I have managed to avoid his classes all this week as some free periods have been added to my timetable to do some extra studying and coincidently, a lot of these have been placed on the periods when I normally have science class. I know it has nothing to do with the situation we are in as nobody really knows, but I'm thankful for it anyway.

But now that I'm sitting at the coffee shop again and flicking through my timetable, I notice I have science class next and I'm not too excited for that. I hate awkward moments and now whenever I come into contact with Harry all it ever will be is awkward.

I pack my timetable back into my bag with a sigh and then stand up, heading over to the counter. I peer at the selection of cakes and baked goods behind the counter but I step away. I've been eating far too much junk food lately.

The familiar chime rings out as someone walks through the door and out of curiosity, I turn my head to see who it is.

Bad idea.

"Oh, hey." Blake says, walking over to me. "Fancy seeing you here again."

"Yeah, fancy that." I say, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Are you still in a mood with me about the other week?" Blake asks and I stay silent. "I don't get why you're pissed with me, you're the one that walked out."

"Are we talking about the conversation or the relationship?" I snap.

Blake rolls his eyes. "Why do you bring it up so much? I thought you said you were over it."

"I am." I protest.

"Yeah right." Blake says. "Bet you still want me."

My jaw drops. "Are you crazy? After what you did? I don't think so, mate. I'm surprised anyone would want you."

"Well, it's your loss." Blake says. "A lot of the girls here want me actually."

"Yeah, the desperate ones." I mutter.

"If I remember rightly, you were one of those once." Blake sneers. "You were desperate for my love, remember? You would keep calling and calling when I was with someone else and you knew it too. But you kept holding on even though we both knew it wouldn't work out."

My heart drops. I'm shocked, hurt. Left speechless.

We both stand in silence for a moment and the sound of another person walking through the door breaks that silence.

"Just accept it, Ariana." Blake says, stepping closer to me. "You may act all tough, dress and talk like a bad girl but I know who you really are-"

"Oh do you?" I ask, stepping forward too, clenching my fists, ready to smash that smug face of his in and send his head flying across the room.

"Yeah, you're just a stupid loser." Blake spits out, grabbing my arm tightly and I wince slightly although I try not to.

"Hey, easy." A stern voice says and I know exactly who it is.

"Who the hell are you?" Blake says to Harry.

"I'm a teacher here." He replies. "And if you do not get your hands off her now you will be placed in detention, my friend."

I notice that he says it a lot more forcefully than he would to any other students. It makes my heart race a little.

"But what if I don't want to?" Blake says, digging his nails into me and although it kind of hurts, I'm not going to let him know that so I just smile through it. Besides, I know he's just doing it to wind up Harry. And to be honest, I want to see Harry's reaction too.