seven

[0.7]

I pull up my black disco pants and tuck in a maroon shirt, checking out my outfit in the mirror afterwards. I'm also wearing some black high heels and my leather jacket, obviously, and I've just left my hair straight, pinning back a little of it. My makeup is all done and now I'm just sitting on the bed, waiting for Chelsea to come out of the bathroom.

"Hurry up, Chels." I moan at her.

"Ok, ok." She says as she opens the door. "I'm ready."

She's wearing a very tight black minidress with heels, she's straightened her hair, with my straighteners, I might add. Her makeup is on point and she looks great. I don't tell her this though because one simple compliment can make her confidence rise to the size of a skyscraper until it turns into cockiness, which is more than annoying.

"Right, let's go." I say, jumping up and heading over to open the door.

We make our way across campus, holding on to each other in an attempt to balance on our heels, until we finally stop outside the frat that is holding the party. People are spread out across the streets, dancing to the music that you can still hear from inside the house, so loud that you can hear it thumping through your veins. A few people are strewn across the garden in their little groups, holding onto plastic cups and swaying their bodies along. But the real craziness seems to be inside.

Chelsea and I hold onto each other as we push past hundreds of people to get into the house. Once we step inside, a blast of hot air hits my face and I feel a dozen hands grab onto me, pulling Chelsea and I into the groups of people dancing and drinking.

"This party is awesome!" Jake shouts into my ear.

"I know!" I yell back. "Thanks for organising it. I'm not here long though."

"Yeah. Yeah." Jake says and I know he can't really hear what I said. He hands me one of the two cups he was holding and I take it down, letting the liquid burn my throat before reaching for another.

A lot more drinks and several dances with guys I don't even know later, I finally find Chelsea again although she seems pretty preoccupied eating the face off some guy she was dancing with earlier. I turn around to find Jake again and he pulls me towards him, reminding me of my promise of a dance.

"You look great, Ariana." He slurs into my ear as he leans in. I laugh and gently push him away, before grabbing his hands to dance. We stay up for a few more songs, gathering a big group around us, everyone grinding and swaying their bodies against each other in a cloud of smoke.

I'm sitting with them all on a big couch, sipping yet another drink when I hear my phone vibrate from my jacket pocket. I sigh and reach to grab it, accepting the call and then pressing it against my ear.

"Hey, sup?" I giggle into the phone.

"Sup?" The voice repeats. "Um, where the hell are you? I'm waiting outside the gates."

"Who even is this?"

"It's Zach."

"Who?"

"Zach."

"Oh, right. Sorry." I say with a small laugh. "Couldn't hear ya over this music."

"Good, you're at the party then." Zach says.

"Yeah, it's awes-"

"Well you need to get out here." Zach demands. "I've called you 4 times."

"Whoa. Needy much?"

"Ariana, come on." Zach nags.

"What are you, my father?" I laugh, accepting the offer of a cigarette and placing it onto my lip as I struggle to light it. "Stop bossing me about, you.....you....idiot."