thirty two

A.N

Please vote and comment also the first chapter for my new story cough drop is up now so please give that a read, I think you'll enjoy it

Ariana's POV:

So it turns out my parents were pretty adamant that they weren't going to let Harry and I leave on Christmas Day. So after some arguing and then giving in, we all decided we'd leave on Boxing Day instead. Rochelle couldn't escape her family to come and visit so Brad ended up coming by himself but he mostly chatted to Harry and I all night, drinking beer after beer.

Harry and I sleep in very late the next morning and we spend the rest of the day packing our bags, ready to leave.

"Are you sure you have to leave?" My dad asks me after our hug.

"Sorry." I shrug. "But my friend is having a crisis with the apartment and since it's half mine, I really need to get back."

"But couldn't you just stay a few more days?" Mum asks. "A lot of the family hasn't seen you yet."

"You told me that when I got my apartment, it was an adult responsibility." I say just as I hear Harry lugging down the rest of the suitcases. "And I'm just being responsible."

"She's right, Carls." Dad says to mum, wrapping his arm around her. "Our little girl is growing up. She has responsibilities now. It's ok."

Mum sighs and gives me a warm smile. "Fine. Have a safe journey."

"You ready to go?" Harry asks from behind me, snaking an arm around my waist.

"Sure." I tell him, turning to him with a smile. "I'll meet you in the car. I'll just say bye to Brad."

He nods and then grabs the rest of the bags, dragging them outside. I head over to where Brad and Rochelle are sitting. As I approach, Rochelle stands up, grabbing my hands.

"Ariana." She greets me with a wide smile. "It's so great to see you."

"You too, but I'm actually heading off." I tell her.

"Oh I know. Which is a shame, I wanted to catch up." Rochelle says. "Anyway, I got you something. A day late Christmas present. I couldn't escape the folks yesterday."

She turns around to Brad and holds her hand out, clearing her throat. "Brad. The envelope."

"Oh yeah. Right." Brad says, pulling it out of his inside pocket of his jacket and handing it to Rochelle.

She turns to me with a smile, handing me the envelope. I smile back and open the envelope, pulling out a wad of cash.

"What's this?" I ask her with a shocked expression.

"Just some cash." Rochelle shrugs. "I remember when I first got my apartment. I lived on cheap cereal and full fat milk for months."

I laugh. "I'm guessing that's something a model should not be eating." I say before giving her a hug. I've always really liked Rochelle. She understands what it's like to have overbearing parents. "Thank you." I mumble into her hair.

"It's the least I could do, we could do." Rochelle tells me. "I hardly ever see you. I'm surprised I was even allowed here tonight."

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my parents don't really approve of Rochelle. I don't know if it's because of her few lingerie ads or the fact that she's a very confident, outspoken person. Probably both.

"Well I wish I could stay longer." I tell her. "But I have to head off."

"I don't blame you." Rochelle says quietly with a sympathetic look. "But I'll speak to you soon ok?"